Daily Tweet

Underdog

Re: Daily Tweet

Postby Underdog » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:16 pm

Cuomo says that chicken wings aren’t a substantive meal enough to justify drinking alcohol but soup is. I’m waiting for American ingenuity that provides a sliver of chicken and a noodle in cold water for five cents to its patrons.
America: you are too stupid to live your lives without government telling you how!!
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
MyMindsEye

Postby MyMindsEye » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:44 pm

Underdog wrote:Cuomo says that chicken wings aren’t a substantive meal enough to justify drinking alcohol but soup is. I’m waiting for American ingenuity that provides a sliver of chicken and a noodle in cold water for five cents to its patrons.
America: you are too stupid to live your lives without government telling you how!!

Something needs to change in an electoral system that forces us to wait to the end of a term to FIRE morons that prove to be incompetent or otherwise derelict in their duties as an elected official. To wait for the next election is ridiculous and may be too late for recovery.
There should be a mechanism that deals with this type of incompetency in leadership. Everybody has a boss. How do these people become unaccountable? I never voted for such a privilege in our government.
In the real world, these posers that have gained their employment under false pretenses or just fail to manage competently, are FIRED on the spot.
No successful organization allows a nitwit of this caliber to run the business into the ground as is happening with these mental giants.
GOD AMERICA........Vet your candidate choice.......your future security depends on it.
:no: Be chary of giving advice. Wise men don't need it, Fools won't heed it. - MmE
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:25 am

It doesn’t take long for BOTH parties to reveal they are totally out of touch with reasonable people; Trump for using cognitive tests to attack Biden, and the activist comics who use them to mock Trump.
Cognitive tests are a sensitive area for some with dementia. I have to have the channel changer in my hand at all times so that my wife doesn’t get triggered. Where is the cancel culture when you need them?

And for Regis to have been 88, there is something wrong with the time/space continuum.
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:17 pm

At the Walmart today my wife was fawning over a small child. It’s always been enjoyable for her to do. We only recently started wearing masks consistently and the child couldn’t see her smile. (She has an amazing smile.)
This is how kids get their cues from strangers. It’s how they receive approval and gather a sense of value. You may know them as ‘likes’.
We’re going to have a whole gap of time where this interaction is absent. I dread what this will do.
On the plus side, teenagers can’t see me glare at them.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:04 pm

It occurs to me to take my own advice. Don’t take things that aren’t personal, personally. As a result, all the pressure of who wins the presidential bid is gone. I won’t live my life any differently no matter who is in office next year.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:46 pm

So a neighbor of mine came to me for some help. She had a tarantula climbing on the wall outside of her apartment. Being a helpful sort I grabbed a one gallon bucket and went to catch me a tarantula. When I got there and saw the size of that thing I finally could relate to Brody in ‘Jaws’. I instinctively said, “We’re going to need a bigger bucket.”
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:35 am

I’d like to comment on former president Obama’s eulogy in honor of John Lewis... We truly don’t know what can happen if we have a blanket mail-in voting system, but I don’t understand gerrymandering or filibustering enough to competently debate his eulogy.

I imagine it’s pretty satisfying for the speaker when he gets more applause and standing ovations than the man being honored.

But shouldn’t that have been Joe delivering that campaign speech?
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:54 am

If you hiccup and burp at the same time, is that considered multi-tasking.
MyMindsEye

Postby MyMindsEye » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:30 pm

Underdog wrote:If you hiccup and burp at the same time, is that considered multi-tasking.

No!
I believe it would have to include farting to qualify. :phbbbt: :lol:
:no: Be chary of giving advice. Wise men don't need it, Fools won't heed it. - MmE
Diogenese
Quartermaster

Postby Diogenese » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:41 pm

Have I ever mentioned how I really, really, really, really hate people who write spambots?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. :roll:

| General FAQ | Effects FAQ | Illustration FAQ | Photography FAQ | Writing FAQ | 3D FAQ | Brawl FAQ | BotS FAQ |

Return to “Writing”