Slowing Down?

MyMindsEye

Re: Slowing Down?

Postby MyMindsEye » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:10 pm

mickey2bagz wrote:We are working on this, doing our best to save the ship. Nobody is about to pull any plug as far as we know.

We DO know from earlier discussions that the site is well funded and able to continue financially. We have lost contact with devilmoon and trying every way we can think of to get in touch but so far no response. We will keep on doing this, but meanwhile the best way forward is to carry on and keep the site active.

Thanks for all your efforts M2B, and the efforts of the rest of the QMs. You guys have been doing a great job under these uncertain cirumstances.
Glad to hear there is some stability of finances and the search for a "Captain" is being explored.
While I am dissapointed to learn of our abandonment, I do hope nothing serious has happened to Devilmoon and this is just a matter of lost interest.
Carry on QMs! We depend on your leadership and the crew has got your backs.
Please keep us posted as developments arise. :fcheers: :cheers: :fcheers: :cheers: :flag:
:no: Be chary of giving advice. Wise men don't need it, Fools won't heed it. - MmE
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:49 am

MyMindsEye wrote:
mickey2bagz wrote:

Thanks for all your efforts M2B, and the efforts of the rest of the QMs. You guys have been doing a great job under these uncertain cirumstances.
Glad to hear there is some stability of finances and the search for a "Captain" is being explored.
While I am dissapointed to learn of our abandonment, I do hope nothing serious has happened to Devilmoon and this is just a matter of lost interest.
Carry on QMs! We depend on your leadership and the crew has got your backs.
Please keep us posted as developments arise. :fcheers: :cheers: :fcheers: :cheers: :flag:

This is a plot for BotS. Or even a Devilmoon rescue. Perhaps a job for Varik and Zlob.
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
IcyAll

Postby IcyAll » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:46 pm

I found a username "Devilmoon" on a site - seems to match our Devilmoon in various ways (timelines, personal facts) - so I posted a message. Mid-December to mid-March - could be a "got busy at work" thing, right?
I See
NinaPastina

Postby NinaPastina » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:40 am

Oh...I do hope we find the Captain and that (s)he is OK. I would hate to see this disappear. This site fits a niche that I cannot find any where else. Other contests that I can find are way too big and I worry they have commercial interests. Dagger bay is small enough (perhaps a little too small lately) and exists for the pure joy of sharing our photography. I also went back to see Worth1000 contests--they appear to have stopped creating new contests. None are open, but they still have all the closed contests up on their site. Does anyone know what's happening over there?
IcyAll

Postby IcyAll » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:14 am

Worth1000 was sold to a company called Design Crowd. DC was a commercial operation and a lot of people didn't go there, even though portfolios were transported. People who wanted to create and be challenged and liked the company of artists who had participated at W1K started this site.
I See
NinaPastina

Postby NinaPastina » Sat May 25, 2019 1:24 pm

Design Crowd had photo contests for awhile. It's still on their site, but there are no current contests posted. Just wondering if anyone knew what happened there.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sat May 25, 2019 2:32 pm

NinaPastina wrote:Design Crowd had photo contests for awhile. It's still on their site, but there are no current contests posted. Just wondering if anyone knew what happened there.

Design-Crowd.jpg
Design-Crowd.jpg (74.15 KiB) Viewed 448 times
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."

Return to “Photography”