Photo Contest Theme Suggestions Please

User avatar
MyMindsEye
Posts: 7519
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:09 am
Location: N-33.9 W-117.6

Re: Photo Contest Theme Suggestions Please

  • Quote

Postby MyMindsEye » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:47 pm

Great ideas Underdog!
Especially the Song interpretation. Reminds me of TerryLea's hillarious renditions.I loved these entries. (Sure miss her humor)
Perhaps an expansion of that concept to Nursery Rhymes or Sayings. Occasionally Limmericks & Haikus (from the Tavern games)
Another idea: Unusual Word association. An image that depicts a word such as STOUT or WHISPER or :shrug:. These would be best as Frestyle or Bonus I suppose.


Underdog wrote:Actually, I did most of my contest idea brainstorming with TerryLea. I just thought she would have more clout than me if she thought any of my ideas worthy.

I'll see if I can search and find them.

It seems like another one of them had to do with choosing a song, book or poem and then coming up with an image that fit the lyrics, text or theme of the subject.

Memes are all the rage on the internet... maybe come up with a meme-like parody. That would maybe work better in photo-edits though.
:no: Be chary of giving advice. Wise men don't need it, Fools won't heed it. - MmE
User avatar
MyMindsEye
Posts: 7519
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:09 am
Location: N-33.9 W-117.6

Re: Photo Contest Theme Suggestions Please

  • Quote

Postby MyMindsEye » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:17 pm

Hey M2B,
Maybe we could do a mash-up of sorts with the writing deck.
Take a Photo and write a short story (ficticious of course) of whats going on in the image. ( sort of what the gossip rags do eh! :) )
Or, Write a short story and take the Pic to fit.
Might attract some participation on the Photo deck and create some interest on the writing deck. (would like to see more action from our writers over there.) :wtf:
Ya Never Know! :shrug:
:no: Be chary of giving advice. Wise men don't need it, Fools won't heed it. - MmE
User avatar
mickey2bagz
Quartermaster
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:03 am
Location: Nottingham, England

Re: Photo Contest Theme Suggestions Please

  • Quote

Postby mickey2bagz » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:02 pm

MyMindsEye wrote:Hey M2B,
Maybe we could do a mash-up of sorts with the writing deck.
Take a Photo and write a short story (ficticious of course) of whats going on in the image. ( sort of what the gossip rags do eh! :) )
Or, Write a short story and take the Pic to fit.
Might attract some participation on the Photo deck and create some interest on the writing deck. (would like to see more action from our writers over there.) :wtf:
Ya Never Know! :shrug:

Sounds good to me MME!

I think we would have to take a photo then attach the 'story'. The photo contest uploads template allows for a photo with attached author 'notes' (the story bit) ... not sure how many lines that is without testing it. Great idea, I'll work out the best way to do it .... you commence badgering the writers :)
User avatar
MyMindsEye
Posts: 7519
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:09 am
Location: N-33.9 W-117.6

Re: Photo Contest Theme Suggestions Please

  • Quote

Postby MyMindsEye » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:44 pm

mickey2bagz wrote:
MyMindsEye wrote:Hey M2B,
Maybe we could do a mash-up of sorts with the writing deck.
Take a Photo and write a short story (ficticious of course) of whats going on in the image. ( sort of what the gossip rags do eh! :) )
Or, Write a short story and take the Pic to fit.
Might attract some participation on the Photo deck and create some interest on the writing deck. (would like to see more action from our writers over there.) :wtf:
Ya Never Know! :shrug:

Sounds good to me MME!

I think we would have to take a photo then attach the 'story'. The photo contest uploads template allows for a photo with attached author 'notes' (the story bit) ... not sure how many lines that is without testing it. Great idea, I'll work out the best way to do it .... you commence badgering the writers :)

Thanks M2b. Was also thinking perhaps a Click Bait type story line. Short, sweet, funny etc.
:no: Be chary of giving advice. Wise men don't need it, Fools won't heed it. - MmE
User avatar
mickey2bagz
Quartermaster
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:03 am
Location: Nottingham, England

Re: Photo Contest Theme Suggestions Please

  • Quote

Postby mickey2bagz » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:24 am

MyMindsEye wrote:
Thanks M2b. Was also thinking perhaps a Click Bait type story line. Short, sweet, funny etc.


Thanks MME.

I tested out the idea backstage on the photo deck and it would work fine. I've made a mock-up for a theme post (below)
I'd suggest running it as a BONUS contest with no rules except it must be all your own work and all photos must be yours.

As this is your baby MME would you like to offer a contest write up for the Story side of things? Description, words limit etc? Then we are good to go :)

Theme pic:

Return to “Photography”