2019 Calendar Corsair Challenge

mickey2bagz
Quartermaster

Re: 2019 Calendar Corsair Challenge

Postby mickey2bagz » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:59 am

C-Max wrote:
pietopper wrote:Good luck, Craig...been there and done that. It ain't easy. Feel free to get in touch for advice, or a shoulder to cry on.

Thanks Piet and Mick.

Here’s a bit of an update - I have acquired a very nice job in Auckland which will start at the beginning of next year. My family is a little nervous but very excited despite all the friends, family and history which will be left behind. I am back in S.A. now tying up many years worth of loose ends but still hope to get into Sandton for a couple of evening shoots to finish off this assignment. It also recently struck me how ironic my choice was in shooting evening images of my hometown for this contest. Perhaps if it is repeated next year, I’ll do something similar in my new hometown but instead with early morning shots? Let’s wait and see.

When the time comes to get on that plane however, it’s going to sting more than I care to imagine, but at least it will be done knowing we won the RWC :)

All the Best

C-Max

Wonderful news, glad you have a good job sorted Craig, best wishes for the future. Be good to see you back in the Calendar Challenge if you can do it. (and Bob has a good point there, you'll have two great Rugby sides to support now :) )
MrsHjort

Postby MrsHjort » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:57 pm

I am out. My father is very ill and I can't think about anything else right now. The best of luck to the rest of you.
To boldly arrrrr where no pirate has steered before :captain:
mickey2bagz
Quartermaster

Postby mickey2bagz » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:31 pm

MrsHjort wrote:I am out. My father is very ill and I can't think about anything else right now. The best of luck to the rest of you.

Oh Natalie, what terrible news. My thoughts are with you, I hope your father will be ok.
essjaynz

Postby essjaynz » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:34 am

Hmmm and coming to the country you beat ! :D

I live in Auckland and every day we are signing up new South African immigrants to the Auckland library. You will all fit in well and enjoy yourselves I am sure. If you would like any advise or help let me know.

Cheers
Sarah

C-Max wrote:
When the time comes to get on that plane however, it’s going to sting more than I care to imagine, but at least it will be done knowing we won the RWC :)

C-Max
essjaynz

Postby essjaynz » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:37 am

MrsHjort wrote:I am out. My father is very ill and I can't think about anything else right now. The best of luck to the rest of you.

I am very sorry to hear that. Your beautiful entries will be missed.
Best wishes
Sarah

Return to “Photography”