2019 Calendar Corsair Challenge

mickey2bagz
Quartermaster

2019 Calendar Corsair Challenge

Postby mickey2bagz » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:55 pm

Calling out to all you happy people, who is up for a 2019 Calendar Challenge? Do we have a seriously impressive field of competitors?
This is a head count to see who wants to go with this challenge, if we have enough hungry people (we need at least 10 or so), we will do it all over again!
Natalie has slipped into her finest rags and made off to the nearest bar, but she has left the key to the Challenge cupboard enabling us to run this thing if we have enough support. Names in this thread please guys, let's see who wants to play? :)

Here's some info for them that do not yet know what it's all about.

Don't hesitate! Just say YES!

The goal is thus:

To shoot at coherent series of pictures that could be used as a calendar.

Important note: You can choose any theme you wish, but please stick to it - otherwise this would be the "shoot one random picture a month challenge", which would make this kind of challenge pointless really. ;)

The winner of this challenge is the player with the highest average score of all the twelve months combined. So let's make it count, and make a calendar you'd be proud to print and hang on the wall!

The rules are thus:

• The contests will close on the last day of the month, followed by a vote period of three days.

• As stated before, the goal is to create a coherent calendar, so stick to your theme.

• The pictures you put into the monthly contests should depict the month in question in some way, though how you do this is up to your interpretation. Do it in any way you wish, from nature shots to abstracts or studio shots. Anything is game.

• The photography rules you all know are still valid, which means no text elements, no added lay out elements (basic picture framing excluded) and no merging several photos together (i.e. no triptychs or other collages). Also, the pictures have to be taken during the month that it is supposed to depict, so no shoeboxing.

• All players must submit one picture for every month into all of the twelve contests, that are held on the Main Deck (limited to one picture per contest). Otherwise they're out and will no longer be eligible to win the challenge. Failure to submit will give you the score zero, for the month in question. So, make sure that you have the time and commitment it takes to make it before signing up.

• Last day to sign up is the20th Now Extended to 25th of January

ADVANCED rules apply. Please make sure to read the rules before signing up.

Wow, there's some great talent lining up, here's the players so far! :)

MrsHjort
Defyaugury
pietopper
secretatlantis
essjaynz
IcyAll
mickey2bagz
C-Max
GwenBriar
MrsHjort

Re: 2019 Calendar Corsair Challenge

Postby MrsHjort » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:19 pm

I'm in :)
To boldly arrrrr where no pirate has steered before :captain:
Defyaugury
Quartermaster

Postby Defyaugury » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:02 pm

I’m in too
I have no idea what I'm doing... But it hasn't stopped me yet.
pietopper

Postby pietopper » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:48 am

I'll give it a go. Although we only have two seasons (snowbird season and no snowbird season) -- so I am severely handicapped in that department.
"This particularly rapid unintelligible patter
isn't generally heard.
And if it is, it doesn't matter. "
-- W S Gilbert
secretatlantis

Postby secretatlantis » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:05 am

pietopper wrote:I'll give it a go. Although we only have two seasons (snowbird season and no snowbird season) -- so I am severely handicapped in that department.

But you don't need to stick to a nature theme, any theme that you could imagine on a calendar will do.

By the way, even though I will need to improvise while travelling a complete month later this year I'm eager to find a theme for 2019 as basically this challenge keeps me connected to Daggerbay (my "digitalise the archives" project is so very time consuming).
Last edited by secretatlantis on Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
insert something clever here
essjaynz

Postby essjaynz » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:57 pm

I am in - hope we get enough players :wave:
IcyAll

Postby IcyAll » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:43 am

I'll try again. Though I doubt I'll do as well as last year: coming in last every time is a challenge, indeed!

:augh:
I See
mickey2bagz
Quartermaster

Postby mickey2bagz » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:37 am

Hey LOOK what just arrived fresh from the print shop!
I guess this means that we will be going ahead with the 2019 Calendar Corsair Challenge :)

Sign up guys, just a few days to go, let's have ALL of you lovely people in this game!

We are even extending this first contest deadline to February 10th to allow late signups time to get their entries in!

GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:18 pm

I would like to play if you weren't so hung up on the usual "photography rules." There are a million photographers better than me, but I enjoy playing with photos and think I could do something interesting 12 times. Betcha I could even beat out IcyAll for last place.
IcyAll

Postby IcyAll » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:57 pm

GwenBriar wrote:I would like to play if you weren't so hung up on the usual "photography rules." There are a million photographers better than me, but I enjoy playing with photos and think I could do something interesting 12 times. Betcha I could even beat out IcyAll for last place.

Ooooh, you are ON LIKE MEGATRON! Come at me, if you dare! LAST PLACE IS MINE, I TELL YA, MINE!!

;)

Join in, have fun. It's really NOT about photography "rules" (I lost my book) - it's about PRETTY. (IMHO)
I See

Return to “Photography”