Plot Contest Question

Diogenese
Quartermaster

Plot Contest Question

Postby Diogenese » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:25 pm

It looks like we are going to start a new section under BOTS for longer comics with plots on September 1st. Would it be helpful for anybody if I started a contest on this deck to write a plot for a comic? There would be no need to use it in your comic, it just might help get your thoughts in order for that project.

Let me know.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. :roll:

| General FAQ | Effects FAQ | Illustration FAQ | Photography FAQ | Writing FAQ | 3D FAQ | Brawl FAQ | BotS FAQ |
Defyaugury
Quartermaster

Re: Plot Contest Question

Postby Defyaugury » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:03 pm

I think this is a good idea... but I think there should be a link to what a comic book plot looks like... both for this contest and for the upcoming comic book contest
I have no idea what I'm doing... But it hasn't stopped me yet.
Diogenese
Quartermaster

Postby Diogenese » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:29 pm

I'll see what I can scout out. Tom Hart ought to be able to help me with that.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. :roll:

| General FAQ | Effects FAQ | Illustration FAQ | Photography FAQ | Writing FAQ | 3D FAQ | Brawl FAQ | BotS FAQ |
56KModem

Postby 56KModem » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:17 pm

In the new comics part, would it be okay if Mephisto and company threw a wrench into things every now and again just to shake things up a bit the way he and Phantasm made the Fourth of July a bit...exciting, shall we say?

Reference: Accidents Happen
July 4th Contest at Worth
We're open 24-Hrs a day, seven days a week from 8 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday.
Diogenese
Quartermaster

Postby Diogenese » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:15 pm

Sure modem, were you thinking of text or comics with pictures?

56KModem

Postby 56KModem » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:45 am

I can do text easily enough, but for the pictures, I'd need some images of the cast from The Agency

I have one for Mephisto, and from what I'm told, the image is dead to rights. I'd need images of Isis, Phantasm, Sharpie for the picture part of the comics. Thinking on it, I think it might make a pretty interesting illustration contest.

Someone in Text writes a description of a character or something else, and the Illo gang has to make sens of it. That's how I have the pictures of Mephisto, Taylor and Quasar (Quasar is a bit too small and Taylor's glasses are wrong, but that's no big deal), and HMCS Rheom. I also have pics of Vandaar, Dyrc of Dinas Brennan, and a clopie.

Should be interesting to see, in my fan bases's imaginations: Mephisto, played by B.D. Wong; Sharpie, by Warwick Davis; Isis, CIS's Elizabeth Harnois; and Phantasm, who is so far not cast but is a tall, slender, college-aged, Black man with a very dark complexion, respectively.

Expect: Helen McCrory as Hangover (not related to her cause of death or style of work), and fans are debating the sex and role of Cheddar.

Based on personality and descripton so far:

Man: Eric Szmanda 45 %, Stan Kirsch 44 %, Jason Isaacs 9%, undecided 2 %
Woman: Kehli O'Byrne 87 %, Sigourney Weaver 12 %, undecided 1 %

Edited by Ral to turn off the Italics for me.
We're open 24-Hrs a day, seven days a week from 8 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday.
Diogenese
Quartermaster

Postby Diogenese » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:09 pm

Modem, I'm not picking up anything useful Googling for The Agency. I wasn't terribly active on Worth1000 for about the last 3 years of it's existence, are you referring to stories you have written, or was it based on some other thing I might be able to find on the internet? I might be able to help with some pictures if I had some idea of what we are talking about.

56KModem

Postby 56KModem » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:53 pm

The Agency is a series of short stories I started at Worth; you likely won't find them anywhere but in the hands of my small cult-like fan circle.

It began with All in A Day's Work[i], and grew to include [i]What Happens in Reno, Accidents Happen, and a few others.

I have something of a cult following among by partner's fellow Sailors. Wherever you find goths and punkers on an aircraft carrier, odds are, they'll know or have heard of Mephisto and his friends.

If you like, I can send the ones I have so far. I have a lot of fun deploying them all over my stories, to include Taylor and Quasar having a run-in with Phantasm at the marine rehab center Quasar was hanging out in during Monster of the Deep for a Worth contest about heroes.

HMCS Rheom crossed paths with Sharpie in Drop Zone: Day Two, the follow-to the long-form Worth entry Drop Zone: Day One in the "Vastness of Space" contest.

I've even been accused of ruining Voldemort's best-laid plans by having Isis show up to cause a riot...in a Buddhist monastery, no less. :)

Return to “Writing”