Requiem for TerryLea

Discuss anything you like... except politics, religion and so forth.
MyMindsEye

Requiem for TerryLea

Postby MyMindsEye » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:08 pm

Ahoy Mates,
I know that the BoTs had a Memorium page but, I was thinking that there sholud be a dedicated space for Members to share their memories of TerryLea who past earlier this month.
I did not know her beyond the social media personna but her playful comments or blings with a hilarious quip were always a treat I looked forward to and will miss greatly. :( :cry:
TerryLea, BoB and I were the last (I believe) to exit W1K shutting off the lights and closing the door. It was a parting full of ridiculous quips, silly scenarios and just plain fun. (Im still smiling) :)
I will post more when I collect my thoughts but in the meantime, please share your tributes as you wish. Im sure many of you were subjected to her witty quips, humorous stories, great works or perhaps topics a little more personal, and this could be a place to express those stories, dedications or just condolences.
Thanks all :cheers:
-MmE
:no: Be chary of giving advice. Wise men don't need it, Fools won't heed it. - MmE
Squiddles

Re: Requiem for TerryLea

Postby Squiddles » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:50 am

That's sad. I really didn't know anything about her but I always appreciated her glowing comments.
I'm not Todd1000 but I hear he's very handsome and talented
Hitspinner

Postby Hitspinner » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:16 pm

I'm terrible at these things. For some reason I just go numb. But TerryLea got me here and helped me get established. She was a delight. Other than that I couldn't say too much because I don't know much about her even though she said some things in confidence. We had some private conversations that will remain private...it was just some stuff that was important to her and would have little interest to anyone else. She did post a picture of her face and I she had a gentleness that I seek in my friendships with others. I would have liked to know her better. She loved choppers and chopping and that makes her alright in my book. God's speed TerryLea to whatever your next adventure be, You are missed
Snort the vortmortort :)
Bundles

Postby Bundles » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:52 pm

As I posted here...

I couldn't bring myself to draw a strip for this, but it seems the right place, so...

Even though we never met in person, I've developed a warm, fuzzy spot for TerryLea and even considered her a friend. (That's saying a lot, considering how much of an introvert I am.)

I won't say you'll be missed, because a lot of us miss you already. So Rest In Peace, TerryLea, and know that even among the many who knew something of you without meeting you at least some of us hold a fondness for you.

Goodbye, friend.
If it happens, it must be possible.
MrsHjort
Quartermaster

Postby MrsHjort » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:10 am

I miss her very much. We PM:ed quite a lot and I am so very glad to have been able to call her a friend, even one of my closest friends, and I don't have many that fall under that category. There was just something about her that made me like her a lot from the very first time I met her here (through BotS I think it was). She was one of those people with a gift to make those around her smile. Such a great sense of humor and a big heart. She was kind, thoughtful and passionate. Truly a wonderful person, and in so many ways.

To Terry
:cheers:

She is missed :cry:
To boldly arrrrr where no pirate has steered before :captain:

| General FAQ | Effects FAQ | Illustration FAQ | Photography FAQ | Writing FAQ | 3D FAQ | Brawl FAQ | BotS FAQ |
mickey2bagz
Quartermaster

Postby mickey2bagz » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:23 am

I have only just caught up with this terrible news, I've been away a lot of July and not around the site very much.

Firstly, I am as everybody else here, stunned and saddened by Terry's death. I didn't know her as closely as some others here, possibly because I have not been involved with BotS and FX, but her lovely personality came through in the private conversations we had. Everything she said was upbeat and positive, always peppered with little fun comments and laughs.

I loved her sense of humor. I've just been looking through the PMs I have left and one of them had, as usual, left the original subject far behind and turned into a very funny exchange, this time about extreme winter weather. We were comparing the winter snowstorms happening simultaneously here in England and in the US. She told me it was snowing hard in Texas, then shortly afterward she said her storm was over, the snow had melted, ''and now the sun is shining like in the tropics'' , I know she wouldn't mind me quoting that bit. Wherever she is now, that sun will be shining. RIP Terry, I'll miss you x.
LetItBeFun

Postby LetItBeFun » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:43 am

Just came around the corner to see if DB is still the place it used to be, and found this sad news. I always felt familiar with TerryLea, and her passing feels somewhat strange, given that her virtual existence is still showing strong. She's been a virtual friend to me, and I always loved to exchange a thought or two with her. My sympathies to all of her close relatives and friends, and may her good spirit continue to shine in those who survived her.

Creativity ends with satisfaction

Return to “Yo Ho Ho”