Comment thread - 30 Day June Challenge 2018

MrsHjort
Quartermaster

Re: Comment thread - 30 Day June Challenge 2018

Postby MrsHjort » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:33 pm

Day 14

Xania:
Neat! What a colorful display! Nice choice to blur the top, It makes them pop out much better. Nice shot.

secretatlantis:
Those flowers are so cute! What are they called? Nice focus and dof. Great choice of font and graphical elements, as usual :)

Lmorrow57:
Another great find. Sharp and crisp with nice diagonals enhanced bu the light. So simple yet interesting to look at. It almost looks like some kind of animal put its foot in the center.

egonlinden:
Did you climb up into the excavator? Cool shot! Now that's a point of view you don't see very often. Wow! and that sky! So detailed and dramatic. Love this one! Nice closeup of the fungi. I like how the background contrasts it. The shot of the shadow of the flower is great too, sharp in the right place and I like that you added the real deal for context.

Defyaugury:
I'll have one of those pleace :D. Real nice lighting to make them pop, it looks so inviting. The angle you've chosen brings out the context se well too. Grest job!

Day 15:

GwenBriar:
Cool viewpoint! I've never seen a sink from this angle before. It makes med feel like one of the dishes haha. I love how creative this is :D
To boldly arrrrr where no pirate has steered before :captain:

| General FAQ | Effects FAQ | Illustration FAQ | Photography FAQ | Writing FAQ | 3D FAQ | Brawl FAQ | BotS FAQ |
MrsHjort
Quartermaster

Postby MrsHjort » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:25 am

Day 15

Xania:
What a lovely trio. Nice job getting the focus just right an I really like how narrow your depth of field is. The muted colors work very well too.

secretatlantis:
So true. This looks a bit like a movie poster to me :). An the text makes for a great title for a drama. Of course it makes a wonderful postcard too :)

Lmorrow57:
I love how clear your textures are getting. This is another great example. Lovely blue colors too.

egonlinden:
Your tree-trunk shot is so cool today. It almost looks like a miniature forest! It's magical! Also love the narrow dof closeup. Great focus and I like the way you composed it. Using Luke was so clever! And as a fellow Star Wars fan I I can'r help but to love it! Very creative!

Defyaugury:
Cool, it almost looks like a carnival queen holding up her hands when she is dancing. Nice shot :)

Day 16:

Lmorrow57:
Skin, you don't see it like this in a photo very often but you've nailed its natural texture. The lighting was a good choice. The shadows make the shot more interesting and brings out the surface.

GwenBriar:
CDs... I remember when they came and how luxurious it was not to have to rewind a tape to listen to the same song again :). And now they're almost out of date too. I like the reflections of the trees, they help bring out depth and color the CDs in interesting ways. Nice. Thw floating circle sizer brings back memories too. I think I still have mine somewhere, though I haven't used it since the uni. The droplets really makes the texture come out.

| General FAQ | Effects FAQ | Illustration FAQ | Photography FAQ | Writing FAQ | 3D FAQ | Brawl FAQ | BotS FAQ |
MrsHjort
Quartermaster

Postby MrsHjort » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:31 am

Day 16

Xania:
It says June 17th but I assume it's for the 16th, I think I remember seeing this yesterday? Nice point of view and I like the black and white. It brings out all the details of the buildings and the cobble stones. Very nice composition too.

Lmorrow57:
Very pretty, I love the way they catch the light and the pattern looks great. Though I think I would prefer it if the focus was just a tiny bit closer along the upper third.

secretatlantis:
Very festive! I like the soft light on all those glasses and the red in the background is just right for this shot. Oh I wish I could reach into your picture and grab a glass. Cheers! :)

egonlinden:
Nice low angle to show off the pipes, love that horizon. The texture of the stump comes out so well, Nice composition with the center placed right where it should be. I love the mirror shot too. It almost looks like there are two flowers. Add another mirror and you'll have a bouquet :).

Defyaugury:
What an unusual shot. It shows off the aftereffects of the rain in a fun way. Anyone can relate to that :)

Day 17

Lmorrow57:
Very pretty, I love the way they catch the light and the pattern looks great. Though I think I would prefer it if the focus was just a tiny bit closer along the upper third.

egonlinden:
I have no idea what this blue thing is, but I like the way you shot it. It sure is a splash of color and it looks good against the neutral background. Another lovely low point view of a miniature forest. It only misses some inhabitants ;). The wilted flower looks very graphic and you've made it look elegant despite it's former glory being far gone. Great job!

GwenBriar:
The dark sheet looks very abstract. An interesting affect, as is the dark sky. It's like it's out of another world.

MrsHjort
Quartermaster

Postby MrsHjort » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:51 am

Day 17

Xania:
Wow! Another great black and white shot. Great point of view in this one too. I love the lighting in this, it works so well in a monochrome shot. Great shot!

secretatlantis:
Aaaaaw, what a cute kittie, is she yours (I assume it's a she, I think I remember reading that male cats can't have that particular coloring. Crazy cat lady, me? You bet! :D )? A lovely animal portrait. Cat's are so hard to get, I know. I have shoot hundreds and hundreds of shots of them, and only a few of them were keepers. This one is great!

Lmorrow57:
Nice lighting and composition to show off that pretty pattern. It looks a little rugged and gritty but it only enhances the feel of the shot. Well done :)

Day 18

Xania:
So pretty! I love the clean elegance of the beautiful flower and the blurry bits in front of it makes the shot look ethereal, which goes so well with this subject.

GwenBriar:
I like the lighting in the shot with the jar a lot. It's really makes you look twice. The texture of the glass makes me think of those gelatinous candles that were in fashion a few years back (okay maybe more than a few :) ). It looks like you hade fun planning the shot on the left. It has a playful crafty feel to it that I like and the shadows make the shot even more interesting. Nice

egonlinden

Postby egonlinden » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:32 am

Did you climb up into the excavator?

No, I stood right infront of it.
Used my wide angle lense for this.

I have no idea what this blue thing is, but I like the way you shot it.

It is something to do with the waterpipes, probably for the fire hose or something like that.
Not sure either.
Last edited by MrsHjort on Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed m own typo in the quote
MrsHjort
Quartermaster

Postby MrsHjort » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:19 pm

Day 17

Defyaugury:
What wonderful mood! I love the warm yellow light against the sky and the golden glow it gives the scene. It looks like a great place to spend the evening :)

Day 18

secretatlantis:
Oh that looks so yummy! I love cherries. We have a huge cherry tree in our garden but the birds usually get the berries before we do. Great composition and the checkered background works very well in this shot.

egonlinden:
Interesting to see nature peak into this very industrial looking shot of the huge pipes. The juxtaposition is interesting. Lovely silhouettes today. Especially the one of the stump with just a tad of color on top. Very nice. I also like shot of the bottom of the flower, it has a very graphic abstract feel to it.

Defyaugury:
Ha! This double exposure makes it look like we're reading his thoughts. I like the concept very much. And the clock and newspaper... is he thinking of a news story? Hmmm... I love photos like this, that make you think :)

Day 19:

Xania:
Lovely angle - right smack in the center of the flower, yet slightly off to show off its lovely plume. Gorgeous clarity too

GwenBriar:
Oh how very minimalist! And all those angles makes the texture of the tiles come out very well. I love the abstract feel to this shot. Well done

GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:48 pm

ALL of the flower pics are SO beautiful. You all are so talented. I am also enjoying the different points of view of all the others. Especially the road construction. You make it look so neat and beautiful when I always think dust and noise and the stink of asphalt and diesel.
MrsHjort
Quartermaster

Postby MrsHjort » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:12 pm

Oh no, did we loose Lmorrow57? :cry:

Day 19

secretatlantis:
Oh how punny! Love it! We have daisies just like that too, Now I'll think of your photo when I see them. Lovely depth of field and I like how they peak into the shot from the corner. So playful :)

egonlinden:
Lovely blues lines and the added interest of the askew brick is just what this shot needs. Awesome shot! I love the Allium against the black background. It really pops and the diagonal of the stem is very well done too.

Defyaugury:
Hey is that a Nelly Moser? We have one in our garden and I absolutely love it. It did not like our micro climate though, it's been starting over from zero ever year we've had it. But this spring we moved it to a "gentler" place in front of the house. Hopefully it will like it better. Lovely shot :)

Day 20

Xania:
I love how you've contrasted the dandelion against that soft dark background. It is just what this subject needs. The depth of field really shows off its softness. Very nice

GwenBriar:
The shots of the cloth and water are all so interesting. The lighting is phenomenal and I love that marvelous red. Wow!

MrsHjort
Quartermaster

Postby MrsHjort » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:55 am

Day 20:

secretatlantis:
This shot is very well put together. All the elements create a rustic feel that looks so good. The wooden table, the cloth, the string and the frame itself. Just perfect!

egonlinden:
Seeing the pipes from this angle reminds me of an abstract art-piece on the wall of a building where I used to work a few jobs ago, Love the angle and how the pipes almost create a vanishing point in the middle. The closeups of the ant are absolutely gorgeous! I am so impressed with the clarity. You can even see the droplets on the antennae! WOW! Putting the Allium in the glass was very cool It makes me think of the Beauty and the beast, only it was a rose in the movie.

Defyaugury:
Looks like a great place to meat up for an after-work. Great atmosphere and you've captured it well. I'll have a small beer, a burger and som sweet potato fries please :D

Day 21

GwenBriar:
Slick and shiny juxtapositioned by matte and soft. I like the concept a lot. The colors of the subjects match too and I like the way the light hits that floral decoration on the larger urn.

egonlinden

Postby egonlinden » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:12 am

GwenBriar wrote:ALL of the flower pics are SO beautiful. You all are so talented. I am also enjoying the different points of view of all the others. Especially the road construction. You make it look so neat and beautiful when I always think dust and noise and the stink of asphalt and diesel.

Especially for you some dusty road construction.
I was early yesterday, so they were still working.
Normally when I drive by they have already stopped working for the day.

Return to “Photography”