Comment thread - 30 Day June Challenge 2018

GwenBriar

Re: Comment thread - 30 Day June Challenge 2018

Postby GwenBriar » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:50 pm

Xania - Love the red flower and buds. Of course, I love lichens too.

MrsHjort - Good job getting those bees to pose. I'm envious.

Defyaugury - The last one is very good. I didn't care for the grass either.
MrsHjort
Quartermaster

Postby MrsHjort » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:48 am

Day 10

Xania:
Oh what gorgeous red! The angle is just perfects and gives your shot great composition. The buds are wonderfully placed and the leaf in the corner is a nice touch. Great one!

secretatlantis:
Ha! What a coincidence! My father-in-law actually got a brand new car today! He even drove over to our house to show it to us (he was as happy as a 5-year-ord with a brand new toy). Love your photo today. The lines and color make for a great abstract while at the same time making it very clear what the subject is.

Lmorrow57:
Lovely lighting to bring out all the little details of the yarn and its patterns. Well composed too with the lines at just the right places. Great job!

egonlinden:
Ha! Now that's a must have at any construction site! Who knew they could make a great subject for photography. That in itself is an achievement if you ask me. I find myself looking at the fungi on the tree (?) and wondering how the top of the trunk can be that much larger than the bottom... An unusual shot, and interesting. great to see your behind the scenes setup, it makes for an elegant how to photo if you ever decide to make a tutorial :)

Defyaugury:
Practicing for a certain Bonus contest are we ;). I like how the blur draws your attention to the center of the picture. It works very well in this shot!

Day 11:
We had some rain today as well. A nice change for the hot dry weather we've been having for well over a month now. The grass in our yard is all burnt and brown and all the green living things were screaming for mercy. Nice action in the puddles. Crisp and sharp
To boldly arrrrr where no pirate has steered before :captain:

| General FAQ | Effects FAQ | Illustration FAQ | Photography FAQ | Writing FAQ | 3D FAQ | Brawl FAQ | BotS FAQ |
egonlinden

Postby egonlinden » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:27 am

great to see your behind the scenes setup, it makes for an elegant how to photo if you ever decide to make a tutorial :)

What would you like to know?
MrsHjort
Quartermaster

Postby MrsHjort » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:36 am

egonlinden wrote:
great to see your behind the scenes setup, it makes for an elegant how to photo if you ever decide to make a tutorial :)

What would you like to know?

If you're looking for suggestions, how about "High key photography for beginners"? It would make a great tutorial that I'm sure many would enjoy. :cheers:

| General FAQ | Effects FAQ | Illustration FAQ | Photography FAQ | Writing FAQ | 3D FAQ | Brawl FAQ | BotS FAQ |
MrsHjort
Quartermaster

Postby MrsHjort » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:52 am

Day 11

Xania:
Aaaaaaaw! As a crazy cat lady I loooove this shot. What a cute pose, so cozzzzy and comfortable. Nice lighting to bring out those whiskers ans the furry details.

secretatlantis:
This could also be a poster advertising an art museum. So beautiful! I love the texture treatment too, it adds to that impression of sophistication and refinement associated with an exhibit. Love it!

Lmorrow57:
I would never have known if I hadn't read the description, but now I see it's a fan. Nice curves. :)

egonlinden:
Wonderful night shot! So unexpected though very effective and attention grabbing. You've done a really great job with the light, and in the back-lit floral too. It makes for a very interesting silhouette. So many crispy sharp details. Wow, the Lilly didn't bloom for long, but the shot of today is beautiful nonetheless. You've done a great job arranging it. The leaves beside the bottle are a nice touch.

Defyaugury:
AWESOMENESS! This reminds me of those food face art pieces by Giuseppe Arcimboldo. I especially love what you did with the eyes! Wonderful!

Day 12

GwenBriar:
Nice patterns, I like the way you've worked with light to make the textiles even more interesting, especially the one to right. Well done!

Xania

Postby Xania » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:05 pm

So beautiful photos every day. :)

MrsHjort: Your pictures is so great! How did you get the background from today's photo like this?
MrsHjort
Quartermaster

Postby MrsHjort » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:17 pm

Xania wrote:So beautiful photos every day. :)

MrsHjort: Your pictures is so great! How did you get the background from today's photo like this?

Thank you :D. I'm glad you like them. I do very little to the backgrounds other than a few color and contrast related enhancements. The softness is the result of the lens I'm using - a 70-300 mm telephoto lens. Using its maximum zoom leaves me with a background like that (as well as a narrow depth of field – which means I have to do focus stacking to get the flower look sharp all over).

MrsHjort
Quartermaster

Postby MrsHjort » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:02 pm

Day 12

Xania:
Another lovely floral, I like the low angle and the light - it brings great depth to the flower. I like the tree shot too, nice choice on focus and the stems make for great composition.

secretatlantis:
HAHA! Now why is this so familiar? :lol: What a great shot! Her expression is perfect for this shot. I also like the placements of her snacks and the wine is a nice touch!

Lmorrow57:
Is this the American flag painted on wood? I like the clarity and the focus is spot on. The texture of the surface comes out very well and the pattern formed by the paint is an other great aspect. Nice one!

egonlinden:
I really like the closeup of the petal today. All those little details really come out against the light background. Though I think I would have cloned away some of those dark spots if I were you. The Pinhole lens shot looks cool. Like you're looking at the subject from a keyhole.

Defyaugury:
Another clever double exposure. The placement of the stairs is just perfect. It makes you look very mysterious. I like this one a lot!

Day 13

GwenBriar
Oh YUM! I could really go for one of those! The sunlight makes them look so delicious! I like the top one the most, the bottom shot looks a bit too disorganized for my taste.

egonlinden

Postby egonlinden » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:03 pm

Though I think I would have cloned away some of those dark spots if I were you.

Thought about it, but I am shooting them as they are since that is part of the flower and the fading/decay of the flower.
MrsHjort
Quartermaster

Postby MrsHjort » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:00 am

egonlinden wrote:Thought about it, but I am shooting them as they are since that is part of the flower and the fading/decay of the flower.

Aha! I see, good choice :)

Return to “Photography”