Comment thread - 30 Day June Challenge 2018

MrsHjort
Quartermaster

Comment thread - 30 Day June Challenge 2018

Postby MrsHjort » Thu May 31, 2018 12:23 am

If you want to comment on the pictures in the 30 Day June Challenge! You can do so here :D.
To boldly arrrrr where no pirate has steered before :captain:

| General FAQ | Effects FAQ | Illustration FAQ | Photography FAQ | Writing FAQ | 3D FAQ | Brawl FAQ | BotS FAQ |
kimbomac
Quartermaster

Re: Comment thread - 30 Day June Challenge 2018

Postby kimbomac » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:37 pm

Wow, wow, wow! It's so awesome to see all the usual suspects from Worth's heyday of 30-day challenges, and I really feel sad that I am not participating! But I know I really wouldn't have the time to do it justice!

However, you guys are rocking it so far, starting with a bang!

Egon, you are one brave man, doing four themes for the month!

SA, I wasn't able to get to your Smugmug gallery page to leave a comment. A click on the image just hops through to a single display of the image on a blank page, and it won't let me click anywhere from there.

To everyone else, you rock for taking this on. It's a wonderful achievement to finish a month of great photos!
Don't sweat the small stuffs...
:fcheers:

| General FAQ | Effects FAQ | Illustration FAQ | Photography FAQ | Writing FAQ |Brawl FAQ |
secretatlantis

Postby secretatlantis » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:41 am

Day 1, I hope I can manage to comment every day to everybody's entry.
I figured I can at least try.

kimbomac : I hope I fixed the links now, the commentbox should be visible when you follow the link, click on the photo and hover over the bottom of the screen.

Xania : Yellow and green are so very spring to me, I see beautiful swirls and drops.

MrsHjort : Wonderful dreamy mood. It so hard to get the right part in focus but you nailed it. I love the colours. Great start of the challenge!

Lmorrow57 : Such an intruiging pattern, the fading focus and sizes add to wondering what the subject is. Something with fibers or drops?

egonlinden : Very brave to start 4 challenges when finishing 1 is hard enough for most of us. I like how you focus on showing the details to tell your stories.

Regoch : Welcome back in the playground. You know I love reflections and you found a cool one. The colours and fallen leaves make me wonder if spring got lost this year ;)

pietopper : Good to see you again as well and I look forward to your growing 30 day collection. I love the bold reds and all of those details in the flower.

Defyaugury : The past few days Jupiter was busy around here as well, just in time as we needed the water. You found a mysterious object, is it a folded leaf, a mushroom, a stone or a mixture of all.

GwenBriar : Interesting textures, I wonder if its underwater in a transparant bowl and I wonder how it would work together in a landscape. Perhaps we get to see that at some point in the challenge.
insert something clever here
MrsHjort
Quartermaster

Postby MrsHjort » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:53 am

I'll be commenting in this thread this time, in order to make things easier (find out why by reading the first entry in my blog). I love seeing all of your amazing photos and hope to be able to comment on all of them :)

Day 1

Xania:
I love the start to your challenge, excellent focus and what a gorgeous subject. The color scheme is very pleasant too. I can't wait to see more :)

secretatlantis:
Yey! I'm so glad you decided to join us!
You have such an eye for finding great viewpoints and this is no exception. I love the angle, the tilt and the way you've composed this. Pure excellence! Nice caption too.

Lmorrow57:
This shot makes me think of chocolate :D, yum, but I don't think that's what it is. An interesting find and a great start o your challenge.

egonlinden:
I love Sedum Acre! It's such a pretty plant and you've captured it beautifully. I also love the construction shot, its composition is very clever. I love all of them. "The Life and Decay of a Flower" are so elegant. I'm very impressed by your effort, I have a feeling your month is going to be filled with fantastic shots. The best of luck :)

Regoch:
So glad to see you! :clap:
What a lovely shot. The low viewpoint and the reflection is so pretty. The contrasts make for a great mood. I love your choice of theme and can't wait to see more.

pietopper:
Lovely theme, I love flowers and gardening, and look forward to seeing more of your photos. What a pretty hibiscus! Excellent focus and the texture of the petals come out so well. I also like the balance you've achieved through the background. Nicely done :).
(If I were to be a bit picky though, I would have removed the wilted flower to the right before shooting this, and plucked away the blue pebble (?) down in the corner, but that's being really picky :blush: ).

Defyaugury:
Ooooh so crisp and fresh! Beautiful DOF and so much detail! It hits you right in the eye!

GwenBriar:
I think I like the one on the right more. It looks so mysterious and half reminds me of a snowy landscape, half a coral reef deep in the sea. The one on the left is interesting too, though I find the line to the bottom left a bit distracting.

| General FAQ | Effects FAQ | Illustration FAQ | Photography FAQ | Writing FAQ | 3D FAQ | Brawl FAQ | BotS FAQ |
Regoch

Postby Regoch » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:28 am

Thank you girls and gals for your kind words, but that was my placeholder. :) We had a pretty nasty storm yesterday and I was sure I'll be doing *weather* for the day one but couldn't make it on time. And since it's pretty obvious I'll be failing day two as well, I'm over and out. It is too hectic at the moment. Have a great ride, I'll keep an eye on your blogs.
The Black Knight always triumphs!
MrsHjort
Quartermaster

Postby MrsHjort » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:38 am

Day 2

Xania:
Nice and crisp. Love the low viewpoint and the narrow depth of field. It brings out all those little details so beautifully. Is that a bad or a good slug? We have several different types where I'm from. One of them is called the Murderous Slug and (it's pretty bad) haha.

secretatlantis:
What a lovely use of a foreground interest. The bright colors really draws the eye and contrasts it so well against the muted background. What a pretty find.

Lmorrow57:
A carpet? I like the lines and the way the light hits it makes it all the more interesting.

egonlinden:
How unexpected to find something so bright and colorful in the middle of a construction. A lovely find. I love the chopped off flower shot, the focus is lovely, as in the shot with the buds. Great use of lighting to bring out their textures.

pietopper:
Shooting towards back light is tricky. I'm impressed that you managed to do it and still get so much detail in the flower. Well done

GwenBriar:
I like the shadow shot. it makes for very interesting contrasts ans makes the texture of the road pop.

Day 3

Lmorrow57:
Is this fur? The grain makes for an interesting effect as it adds even more texture. So soft and bushy...

GwenBriar:
A nice low viewpoint, with lines leading your eye into the shot. Nice one :)

secretatlantis

Postby secretatlantis » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:35 pm

Day 2 + 3

Xania :
2 Even though I know they are the cleaners of the garden they don't make me happy as they usually prefer to eat the newborns I really want to keep. The detail is amazing, especially when you know they move so much faster than one would expect.

3 Nice muddy reflection, it reminds me of my Pieterpad challenge last summer.

MrsHjort :
2 Wonderful colourscheme, every part matches perfectly, both the flowers and leaves in focus and the slight motionblur in the background.

3 Wow such lush colours, my rhododendron blossomed and wilted to fast because of the uncommon warm weather the past month.

Lmorrow57 :
2 + 3 The soft focus gives them a dreamy look, especially the fur of day 3.

egonlinden :

2 Pink and gray match perfectly, very classy. Do I see the antenna's of an insect peeping from the hole of the stick? I love your choice of dof.
Well done on the allium and lily as well.

pietopper :
2 Pretty rose yesterday.
3 Wonderful shades of blue, I feel I should it's name but it does not pop up yet.

GwenBriar :

2 I like how the path fades away in the distance. Interesting leaf shadows in the second one.
insert something clever here
Lmorrow57

Postby Lmorrow57 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:14 am

Day 1 was a non-slip mat, rubber I believe
Day 2 was a blanket
Day 3 is my daughter's cat

Loving the beautiful photos everyone
MrsHjort
Quartermaster

Postby MrsHjort » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:31 am

Day 2

Defyaugury:
A bird's nest inside? Cool! Lovely light in this shot. and the textures compliment each other very well.

Day 3

Xania:
Lovely upside down reflection. Love the composition and the framing. A very well timed shot :)

secretatlantis:
Treue that! I've never been in an Ikea outside of Seden but from the looks of it it's very familiar. It almost looks like the one in my home town even :). Interesting lines and effects though the reflections of the glass. Well seen.

egonlinden:
The pipe shot is very cool. I like the colors and the soft effect of the DOF in the circles. Love your closeups today. Great execution.

pietopper:
Interesting lighting. it brings out the shape of the "floral bundle" Well done

Defyaugury:
Oh I love this one! Tack about ground level shot! Excellent composition and that bokeh is absolutely stunning!

Day 4

GwenBriar:
A beautiful selection of vases, and a well arranged shot. The shot has a rustic feel to it that I like :)

MrsHjort
Quartermaster

Postby MrsHjort » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:23 am

Day 4

Xania:
Oooooh this is my favorite yet! What a wonderful macro! The focus is perfect and the composition makes the shot so much more interesting. Superb shot!

secretatlantis:
Mmmm... reading is a must during summer. I never have the patience to sunbathe without a book. Nice job on this shot. They could sell postcards like yours in the library :)

Lmorrow57:
Cool blue color and a smooth textile surface. You have made it come out very well, I can almost feel it with my fingers when I look at the shot.

egonlinden:
I like the mushroom shot, and the lighting on the flower is so out there, it looks great. Perfect focus in the one with the bud from the top. Well done.

pietopper:
Lovely choice of subject, is it some kind of a Lillie? Excellent focus and exposure. I just wish it wasn't half in the shade.

Defyaugury:
Another ground level shot well done, and I love the vivid colors in the bird shot. Simply beutiful

Day 5

GwenBriar:
what a lovely setup of green and white. To see it in nature like that makes it all the more interesting especially since you've arranged it in a very organic way. Great job.

Return to “Photography”