Member In Need

Discuss anything you like... except politics, religion and so forth.
devilmoon
Captain

Member In Need

Postby devilmoon » Mon May 28, 2018 4:24 am

Hey, I wanted to raise awareness that one of the crew is facing some hardships. Hitspinner had some troubles lately which you can read about here. If you read through the comments on that page, there are some that mention unscrupulous people asking for donations through email. However, the FaceBook donations page is apparently legitimate, according to his on his personal FaceBook. Also, he left a comment on his FaceBook personal page that says his situation has improved somewhat (he is "finally safe and free") though he is only able to access the internet through a donated cell phone. Here's hoping he'll be back with us soon. :cheers:
AinSeattle

Re: Member In Need

Postby AinSeattle » Mon May 28, 2018 9:56 pm

Is there a way to help that is not Facebook based?
Hitspinner

Postby Hitspinner » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:49 pm

Thank you so much for the concern. The worst of the storm is over. Man!.... that is about all of it in one word. My life is no where near going to resemble what it once was but I have a chance to rebuild a life without all the same mistakes. But enough about me, what is the real news about TerryLea? I heard she passed away and I am trembling at this news.
:cry:
Snort the vortmortort :)
Diogenese
Quartermaster

Postby Diogenese » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:13 pm

Glad you were able to make it back, we missed you. I contributed to your Facebook campaign. Sadly what you heard about TerryLea is correct. She passed away on July 11th. We were told about it last night. She will be sorely missed here by everybody.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. :roll:

| General FAQ | Effects FAQ | Illustration FAQ | Photography FAQ | Writing FAQ | 3D FAQ | Brawl FAQ | BotS FAQ |
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:19 pm

Is there any way to communicate with TerryLea's family? I would like to tell them that she had an impact in my life.
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
Hitspinner

Postby Hitspinner » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:40 pm

Diogenese wrote:Glad you were able to make it back, we missed you. I contributed to your Facebook campaign. Sadly what you heard about TerryLea is correct. She passed away on July 11th. We were told about it last night. She will be sorely missed here by everybody.

Thank you so much for the confirm and your support. These are trying times. I lost a long time tight friend last week and now TerryLea... it simply sucks. It is funny in that I knew I would lose a few friends as I got older. But I had a fixed number in mind thinking the number around 10 or so. I had not counted on having so many fans and friends that it would make sweet parting such a regular thing. Every one of them hurts. This dying part of living is a bad system. I expect some day people will live hundred and hundreds of years. I say that because the pain of loss necessitates it. I will tip my glass to Terrylea tonight and wish her grace. And I thank you so much for your support. As I approach my final stretch I will not have to do it alone and on the street thanks to friends like you that made the bad times bearable. Cheers
Snort the vortmortort :)
Moukha

Postby Moukha » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:34 am

Terry Leartist,

Wherever you are, I think of you. Thank you for these good moments!
A strong character, a spirit filled with humor and a great imagination. The words that come to my mind...

My heart is sad. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I offer sincere condolences to family and friends.
"Knowledge is nothing without imagination." :huh:
Dr. Illusion

Postby Dr. Illusion » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:37 pm

I can speak for everyone when we all say, you're an amazing person

Let you rest in peace and let your work be a work of art
IT'S JUST AN OPTICAL ILLUSION! :earth:
GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:22 pm

I was already missing TerryLea. So sad to hear of her passing. (But nice to see you are still around Moukha! I was missing you too.)
Moukha

Postby Moukha » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:34 am

You and all the Pirates too. My life changed but DB is (and will be) always in my favorites tab. Dagger Bay forever. Terry Lea forever. <3
"Knowledge is nothing without imagination." :huh:

Return to “Yo Ho Ho”