Bonus: Surealism EXTENDED

Defyaugury
Quartermaster

Bonus: Surealism EXTENDED

Postby Defyaugury » Tue May 08, 2018 11:09 am

The Bonus Surealism contest has been extended an extra seven days... so let’s get out there and shoot... :)
I have no idea what I'm doing... But it hasn't stopped me yet.
mickey2bagz
Quartermaster

Re: Bonus: Surealism EXTENDED

Postby mickey2bagz » Mon May 14, 2018 7:54 am

As we still have little current interest this contest has been postponed for a while. It really is a great theme, so If you have been working on an entry or idea please carry on and save it because we will be re-posting the contest later in the year :)
dakotaboy88

Postby dakotaboy88 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:34 pm

I'd love to do it, but planning and setup for these takes a lot of time that I don't have right now.
mickey2bagz
Quartermaster

Postby mickey2bagz » Mon May 14, 2018 4:38 pm

dakotaboy88 wrote:I'd love to do it, but planning and setup for these takes a lot of time that I don't have right now.

This is the reason we decided to postpone it, these kind of things do take time. Maybe we could work out an 'Advance Notice' sort of thing where we list contests if we know what is coming up? Would this be a good idea guys?
dakotaboy88

Postby dakotaboy88 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:16 pm

mickey2bagz wrote:
dakotaboy88 wrote:I'd love to do it, but planning and setup for these takes a lot of time that I don't have right now.

This is the reason we decided to postpone it, these kind of things do take time. Maybe we could work out an 'Advance Notice' sort of thing where we list contests if we know what is coming up? Would this be a good idea guys?

I like that idea. A calendar that goes out a month or two showing all scheduled advanced contests well in advance, with unscheduled surprises of easier themes dropped in on short notice would be nice.
egonlinden

Postby egonlinden » Tue May 15, 2018 4:09 am

A prior notice would be very nice to have indeed.
I had been thinking about this contest but did not come up with a good idea yet.
Could you post the rules of the contest here as well, so I can keep thinking about it over time.

If a prior notice list would be there, it would be good to post the rules (or a short version of them) with the theme as well, so it is all clear what we are supposed to be thinking about.
mickey2bagz
Quartermaster

Postby mickey2bagz » Tue May 15, 2018 10:09 am

egonlinden wrote:A prior notice would be very nice to have indeed.
I had been thinking about this contest but did not come up with a good idea yet.
Could you post the rules of the contest here as well, so I can keep thinking about it over time.

If a prior notice list would be there, it would be good to post the rules (or a short version of them) with the theme as well, so it is all clear what we are supposed to be thinking about.

Yes, good point, we will need to either link or paste in clear contest rules or folks won't know what they are preparing for.

I've already started discussions with the other QMs about making this happen. Everybody seems to think it would be a great help so we just need to decide the best way of doing it. Watch this space :)
mickey2bagz
Quartermaster

Postby mickey2bagz » Thu May 17, 2018 1:57 pm

Ok Guys, we've now introduced the 'Upcoming Contests' feature right here in the Photography forum and the first few listings are LIVE! From now on you will be able to begin planning your winning entry in advance! :)

Return to “Photography”