2018 Calendar Corsair Challenge (joining closed)

MrsHjort

Re: 2018 Calendar Corsair Challenge (joining closed)

Postby MrsHjort » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:40 am

Here are the new results!

Namnlös.jpg
Namnlös.jpg (91.81 KiB) Viewed 2135 times

Grahamcracker, took home the Gold with another beautiful still life shot! I love old books, and the added flowers really make the shot pop!

Secretaltantis was not far behind with her wonderful comics shot! I can't help but wonder what comic it is. Asterix and Obelix? Johan and Peewit? Hmmmm...

essjaynz came in third with a lovely shot of the ocean, so well timed with the waves coming in. What a beautiful place :)
To boldly arrrrr where no pirate has steered before :captain:
MrsHjort

Postby MrsHjort » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:33 am

Namnlös.jpg
Namnlös.jpg (101.04 KiB) Viewed 2081 times

Yet another win to the Queen of still lifes Grahamcracker, such a gorgeous color combination, just perfect for October.

MyMindsEye came in second with a spooky shot of an old rocker. Great arrangement, metal will never die ;)

Someone who also came in second is C-Max, welcome back! Awesome shot! Love the composition!

Two months to go!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
MrsHjort

Postby MrsHjort » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:07 am

Namnlös.jpg
Namnlös.jpg (109.77 KiB) Viewed 846 times

We are nearing the end and five contestants with five lovely calendars are still in the game!

This month's gold went to Grahamcracker with a lovely optimistic fall picture. Elegantly arranged, well put together, and beautifully lit. Well done!

Secretatlantis came in second with a shot that made all our mouths water (and my hubbie especially, he would eat pancakes every day if I'd let him). Such a gorgeous rustic setting and the color scheme works so well with the dish. Yum!

The bronze went to essjaynz and her amazing bird shot. The moment os just so WOW, and the background makes it even more amazing. Great job!

One month left! Let's finish those calendars!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
MrsHjort

Postby MrsHjort » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:55 am

The time is almost up for the very last contest, let's get those last shots in :cheer:
essjaynz

Postby essjaynz » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:51 pm

Thanks for the reminder :) and all the work you do to make this happen.

Are we going to do it again in 2019?

I enjoyed this years challenge and got to read some books I wouldn't normally read.

Happy New Year! I hope 2019 is full of fun and creativity!
MrsHjort

Postby MrsHjort » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:09 am

essjaynz wrote:Are we going to do it again in 2019?

Happy New Year! I hope 2019 is full of fun and creativity!

Hear hear! Happy New year to you too! :)

As some may have noticed, my name is no longer displayed in green and announcing the winners of the 2018 challenge will be my last pleasure as a quartermaster here on Dagger Bay.

So, it will be up to the lovely folks who will run the deck this next year to run one for 2019. But I am sure they will be happy to, if there is interest :cheers:
MrsHjort

Postby MrsHjort » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:55 am

What a wonderful year we've had. So many wonderful entries, and gorgeous calendars, each with its unique theme and style to it. It takes commitment to make it for all the 12 months, I know, I've done several of these challenges in the past, and I didn't make it my first time. So a big round of applause to all of you, for managing to keep up the amazing quality right up until the end!

The December contest was won by secretatlantis, and her wonderful red tea shot. A nice playful picture, pure genius to put it in a wineglass and so elegantly executed!

Grahamcrackerwas right behind her, with her jolly holiday still life. A beautiful whole made out of many elements that were very well put together!

An in the third spot, MyMindsEye with yet another gorgeous guitar, wow you have so many of them! Beautiful colors in this shot and the texture makes it look like a painting.

And now for the big Moment! The winner of the Calendar Corsair Challenge!

Grahamcracker

Huge gratulations! And wow do you have a fantastic calendar to hand on your wall this year! So many beautiful still lives all with their own quirk and seasonal theme. Wow! So well done!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

And here's the final tally, well done, all of you! :cheer:

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (116.28 KiB) Viewed 141 times
Grahamcracker

Postby Grahamcracker » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:36 am

Thank you for the work that goes into running a contest. I always enjoy it, but happy to have it done. I appreciate the many kind words and “bling” throughout the year. Happy New Year to you all.
C-Max

Postby C-Max » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:57 am

Congrats Grahamcracker for taking pole position, and indeed to all the players who made it to the end - no small task in these days of high pressures and limited downtime.
Thanks all for for putting on a great show throughout the year, and especially to MrsH for setting it all up and administrating it. Also a shout out to MsgtBob for his tireless support.

Have an fantastic 2019 come what may.
secretatlantis

Postby secretatlantis » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:04 pm

Congrats to Grahamcracker for winning this year and everybody who managed to enter (almost) every month.
Also thank you Mrs.Hjort for all you work setting it up and keeping score and MsgtBob for his cheerful comments and bling. With such a small field of players and most of us seeming to have an increasing lack of time it's great to have such a loyal supporter. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Actually my entry this month was not red tea in a wineglass, it was a twist on glühwein in a wineglass, warm wine flavoured with something that looks like a teabag but is in fact a bag filled with a glühwein herbs mix. Yes, for lazy people like me who only like glühwein once in a while.

If we run another calendar challenge in 2019 I'm happy to enter as it seems to be the only contest I manage to enter in time.
insert something clever here

Return to “Photography”