Daily Tweet

GwenBriar

Re: Daily Tweet

Postby GwenBriar » Sat May 16, 2020 9:52 pm

MBD is in the hospital. He'll be home tomorrow sufficiently recovered from his fall. But, I am afraid the curtain has risen on the last act....
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sun May 17, 2020 3:10 pm

GwenBriar wrote:MBD is in the hospital. He'll be home tomorrow sufficiently recovered from his fall. But, I am afraid the curtain has risen on the last act....

Yeah, needing rehab is a major milestone. I don’t like the way the term “thoughts and prayers” is usually used, but I do think about you both a lot. My desire for you is that you have a sense of calm and peace. You deserve it, you’ve comforted your husband well.
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
emilynghiem

Postby emilynghiem » Mon May 18, 2020 12:14 pm

Underdog wrote:We teach our kids not to mock, we tell them it’s bullying.
At what age does it become acceptable?

In politics and media, bullying wars are fair game, apparently.

Even close friends in the peace and justice community
resort to namecalling and bullying to defend their turf. So it comes across
as VERY conflicted to claim "terrorists can be reasoned with diplomatically"
yet my own friends can't stand political opponents and resort to verbal attacks.
In a free country with "freedom of speech and press" we can use to make
peace through agreed solutions, but instead abuse it to cut other people and groups down.

Some kind of territorial pack-mentality
pecking order habit. Some tribes are not meant to mix
but repel each other. Others are the glue that connect
the groups together anyway. Until we agree where the boundaries
and limits are and map them out, people use bullying to mark their turf against invasive species.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Tue May 19, 2020 7:50 pm

Have people become so desensitized that they no longer realize that the phrase, “Don’t Let a good crisis go to waste” is a negative sentiment? It’s saying, let’s take advantage of the pain of others and exploit it to our benefit.

I’m sorry about this but I’ll be writing my motivations for this observation in a rambling post soon.
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
MyMindsEye

Postby MyMindsEye » Tue May 19, 2020 8:02 pm

Underdog wrote:Have people become so desensitized that they no longer realize that the phrase, “Don’t Let a good crisis go to waste” is a negative sentiment? It’s saying, let’s take advantage of the pain of others and exploit it to our benefit.

I’m sorry about this but I’ll be writing my motivations for this observation in a rambling post soon.

Yup!! :wtf:
:zzz: Wake up America! :eek:
You now see that uninformed voting has SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES. :blush:
Do your homework youngsters..your future depends on it. :freakout:
:no: Be chary of giving advice. Wise men don't need it, Fools won't heed it. - MmE
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Wed May 20, 2020 9:22 pm

A dollar fifty nine a gallon. All I want to do is buy gasoline.
MyMindsEye

Postby MyMindsEye » Thu May 21, 2020 11:30 am

Underdog wrote:A dollar fifty nine a gallon. All I want to do is buy gasoline.

The epitome fo "All dressed up & nowhere to go" ! :(
:no: Be chary of giving advice. Wise men don't need it, Fools won't heed it. - MmE
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Thu May 21, 2020 2:23 pm

A special shout-out for whoever is responsible for warning me that a movie or program is going to include smoking.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Fri May 22, 2020 9:05 am

I guess it makes sense that actors like Lori Laughlin wouldn’t be totally virtuous like their fictional characters; because then you’d be expect people like Alec Baldwin and Robert De Niro would have to be total jerks in real life... oh wait
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Fri May 22, 2020 12:05 pm

I have to double up my tweets after learning the prosecutors in the Laughlin case used entrapment. In other words, the crime wouldn’t have been committed if it weren’t for the prosecutor.

So why can’t we leave cars running in poor neighborhoods and arrest anybody who steals them?

Return to “Writing”