Daily Tweet

Underdog

Re: Daily Tweet

Postby Underdog » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:04 am

Watching old videos of when I was newly married; I used to do magic shows. Once I performed for family and while I misdirected most of their attention, my wife’s 4 year old niece saw me ditch a fake thumb into my pocket. She exclaimed, “So that’s why magicians wear pants”. If my 26 year old self could have channeled my 62 year old self, I would have replied, “That, and the court order”.
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:42 am

I’ve been trying to learn Spanish by watching movies with Spanish closed captions. I probably should have picked a different movie genre because all I can talk about is how to keep the D.E.A. out of my business.
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:01 am

Back in the day we needed diamonds to listen to music. We’d put the diamond on our arm and then spin the music in circles; and sometimes the music would repeat the same 1.5 seconds over and over in which case we’d put a couple of pennies on our arm and then the music would play just fine. Tell the kids that today and they don’t believe you.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:51 am

It’s funny, I’ll try to listen to a song I like and before I know it, my mind is wandering and I miss all the best parts. I’ll listen again, determined but to no avail.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k4M53xndqiU
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:01 am

I wonder what makes you enjoy things. Somebody likes to ride a roller coaster and another may dread it. One sees a beautiful sunset while someone else notices how desolate the landscape is. Travel is coveted but it’s nothing but hard work. One person’s ghetto can be home sweet home.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:27 pm

There are so many markers throughout the year. Christmas, New Year, V-Day, Easter, birthdays, etc.; we’re always celebrating or approaching something. How many times have you run into an old friend whose youngest child is graduating college? Then there’s the repetition of the seasons and weather changes. Not to mention daily tasks like eating, tooth brushing, taking pills and going to bed. Sometimes I can go three days without posting on Dagger Bay. The older I get the more I’ve noticed this so if you need to blame somebody for time passing so quickly, I guess you can blame me.

Days of the week, days of the week... I forgot days of the week.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:32 am

Found 3 twelve packs of Coca Cola for $12 including tax. That’s 33 cents a can. Pretty good. Haters say Coke can dissolve a nail. So can stomach acid, what’s your point?
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:45 am

Do shadows move according to where you are standing? (Besides your own shadow of course.) Oh wait, those are reflections, never mind.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:29 pm

Remember trying to keep your shoulders and the top of your body very still while you rolled down the car window so that people thought you had electric windows?
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:15 pm

Remember when old people didn’t feel the need to whine about how tough they had it and how interesting their lives were “back in the day” just to make their lives seem more special and significant?

Return to “Writing”