Entry gone missing.

pietopper

Entry gone missing.

Postby pietopper » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:05 am

I put in an entry for the "Things that are not here any more" last evening (about 1800 Dagger Bay time, five hours and change before the deadline).
It is just gone. Nowhere to be found or seen.

Don't get me wrong, this was not a winning shot. Just competent.

But I think someone should have a look as to why this happened.
"This particularly rapid unintelligible patter
isn't generally heard.
And if it is, it doesn't matter. "
-- W S Gilbert
mickey2bagz
Quartermaster

Re: Entry gone missing.

Postby mickey2bagz » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:16 am

Hi piet

Sorry to hear you've had this problem. I've checked all the uploaded entries, all categories and no new entry from you is showing. This means it hasn't gone into the wrong contest. It doesn't show in your portfolio either which it would do if had uploaded to anywhere or been DQ'd by mistake (that can't really happen anyway because it's a 3 stage process). So, in short, it isn't anywhere to be found backstage. As we can't see anything anywhere it's a mystery. The only possibility I can think of is that the uploading failed due to a temporary glitch of some sort, maybe the server.

Just to make sure that the system is now working for you try uploading the same entry to another photo contest and see if it will now upload... try uploading to the new 'Trick shot' Advanced contest and see if the upload works. I will check the contest entries and if it has uploaded ok it will also show in your portfolio. I'll DQ it then just delete it from your portfolio. If that process works then it was temporary glitch of some sort and we should now be ok. If not we may have a more serious problem.
pietopper

Postby pietopper » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:12 pm

Thank you, I will do as you suggest.

BUT

If it works, don't delete it. It is in fact, a trick shot. So we can just let it be.

The original entry went all the way through to "Your entry has been uploaded".
"This particularly rapid unintelligible patter
isn't generally heard.
And if it is, it doesn't matter. "
-- W S Gilbert
mickey2bagz
Quartermaster

Postby mickey2bagz » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:15 pm

pietopper wrote:Thank you, I will do as you suggest.

BUT

If it works, don't delete it. It is in fact, a trick shot. So we can just let it be.

The original entry went all the way through to "Your entry has been uploaded".

Ok piet, your entry has successfully uploaded, it is in the competition and also showing on your portfolio.

Odd what happened before but let's hope it was a one-off glitch, good luck with your entry! :)

Return to “Photography”