Can anyone access Freaking News?

IcyAll

Can anyone access Freaking News?

Postby IcyAll » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:42 pm

I know many members here are also members there and I cannot get their site to upload. Does anyone have any information?
I See
MsgtBob

Re: Can anyone access Freaking News?

Postby MsgtBob » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:29 pm

IcyAll wrote:I know many members here are also members there and I cannot get their site to upload. Does anyone have any information?

I got his reply from Gummy:
Cuz has been in contact with them and said they were waiting for their Coder to fix it but it may take a while.
As for the money, we can all forget about ever getting paid as long as they are on this server.
If they go back to the Google server there would be money but they object to well over 1/3ed of the chops there.
That's why so many of them disappeared a couple years ago. The owner (Newsy) got tired of everyone complaining about their pics being deleted and rather than closing the site he gave the management of it to FreakMaster and moved it to this server then He then moved to China, and basically hasn't been seen from then.
Aargh!
IcyAll

Postby IcyAll » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:11 am

MsgtBob wrote:
IcyAll wrote:I know many members here are also members there and I cannot get their site to upload. Does anyone have any information?

I got his reply from Gummy:
Cuz has been in contact with them and said they were waiting for their Coder to fix it but it may take a while.
As for the money, we can all forget about ever getting paid as long as they are on this server.
If they go back to the Google server there would be money but they object to well over 1/3ed of the chops there.
That's why so many of them disappeared a couple years ago. The owner (Newsy) got tired of everyone complaining about their pics being deleted and rather than closing the site he gave the management of it to FreakMaster and moved it to this server then He then moved to China, and basically hasn't been seen from then.

WOW, thanks. Insider info, for sure. I didn't expect we'd get paid, but didn't know it was due to a server issue. And none of my chops disappeared. What was I doing that was different? Or maybe I got lucky. Thanks, Bob!
I See
MsgtBob

Postby MsgtBob » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:05 am

Update from Gummy:

Yes, I was told yesterday that the "Coder Guy" was in quarantine, His Grand Father tested positive.
So this may take a while.
Aargh!
IcyAll

Postby IcyAll » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:09 pm

Wow. I was worried about Newsmaster, when you said he moved to China.
I See
Squiddles

Postby Squiddles » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:55 pm

I thought their site closed down within a year of Worth 1000. Is it still going?
I'm not Todd1000 but I hear he's very handsome and talented
IcyAll

Postby IcyAll » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:44 pm

Yes, it WAS still going as of last week. I had an entry in the "Chuck Norris Turns 80" contest and went to see results only to find the site stalled.
I See
MsgtBob

Postby MsgtBob » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:05 pm

And now DeviantArt has joined the list of disappearing sites. :huh:
Aargh!

Return to “Effects”