Stopping by

56KModem

Stopping by

Postby 56KModem » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:20 pm

Just said to !@#$%^&* with it and all the problems I'm having logging in, and set up a new account.

I like Modem--I share that name with one of my cats; the other is Velcro--so I just added my dialup speed, 56K.

On Chapter Four of Taylor's adventure with Quasar. She's met him and has no idea why she's able to have a conversation with a shark. At this point, she's just been tapped for the position of State Aquatic Environmental Monitor (the first W1K she and Quasar appeared in), but she's not sure she wants to move to Hawaii to take the job.

She still has no idea why she hears only one shark's "voice" even though her "brain scan" came back perfectly normal after she'd been in proximity to a malfunctioning null-sensor buoy.

Taylor's not as tanned as she should be, and Quasar's a bit smaller than he should be, but they're pretty accurate otherwise.

Taylor.png
Taylor and Quasar in the Scottsdale Breakers with Talofa flying overhead.
Taylor.png (468.97 KiB) Viewed 1165 times
We're open 24-Hrs a day, seven days a week from 8 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday.
Diogenese
Quartermaster

Re: Stopping by

Postby Diogenese » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:16 pm

Glad to see you got in, did you get the e-mail I sent? BTW, I believe we can now add pictures to stories here if we want to. I haven't set up a contest like that yet.

You ought to get into the current round of BOTS we have going. It's pretty lively this month.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. :roll:

| General FAQ | Effects FAQ | Illustration FAQ | Photography FAQ | Writing FAQ | 3D FAQ | Brawl FAQ | BotS FAQ |
emilynghiem

Postby emilynghiem » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:33 am

Don't know where to post this.
But if any writers/members here were on Worth during the short year or so that "PonceDeLeon" had joined as a storyteller and poem/parodist, please receive this notice that JIM GUINN passed away in October of last year 2016. I am still able to contact his son Rollie/Roland Guinn and I still hope to retrieve Jim's files and possibly compile an anthology of his work, either in print or online to honor my fellow satirist and storyteller/lyrical poet. If you would like to honor a Vet, please reach out and help a Veteran to create blog, publish a poem or story, and encourage writing as a creative outlet to capture history and share experiences through poems, songs, stories, novels or scripts. There is a veteran writing group in DC but I'd have to start one in Texas, and would love to launch such a group as a memorial project for my dear friend Jim Guinn who was one of a kind. Thanks also to all who made his last days memorable before he started losing his ability to communicate, type and write toward his last months. My hats off to Jim and all who knew and loved him. Take care - my love goes out to you! Yours truly, Emily Nghiem
Diogenese
Quartermaster

Postby Diogenese » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:14 am

I don't recall him at Worth Emily, though I was a bit scarce there towards the end. Sadly the entire writing section at Worth is lost now.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. :roll:

| General FAQ | Effects FAQ | Illustration FAQ | Photography FAQ | Writing FAQ | 3D FAQ | Brawl FAQ | BotS FAQ |
56KModem

Postby 56KModem » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:52 pm

I'm afraid I never had the privilege of knowing him. :(

The entire Writing Section of Worth may be gone, but we have a few screws loose here at Dagger Bay, so all is not lost. Here at Dagger Bay, we have some of the pencil pushers, so we're still here...after a fashion.

FYI: A few screws loose in reference to not being all there, one card short of a full deck, driving three wheels; nothing sexual intended.
We're open 24-Hrs a day, seven days a week from 8 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday.

Return to “Writing”