Daily Tweet

MyMindsEye

Re: Daily Tweet

Postby MyMindsEye » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:05 pm

Had coffee on the porch this morning.
Marveled at the sounds of nature.
Amazing what you can hear
When the world shuts the f@&k up. :eek:
:no: Be chary of giving advice. Wise men don't need it, Fools won't heed it. - MmE
GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:07 pm

I haven't noticed much less traffic going to town, but there is definitely less going by my house. It is actually quiet occasionally.
GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:21 pm

It seems that most snitches have noble excuses for snitching. I think they are envious of people doing things they are afraid to do.
GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:53 pm

Is there a military term for squeezing yourself against the side of a doorway so you can salute as someone goes through? MBD likes to do that, though he rarely actually salutes any more. It would be nicer if he would just get out of the doorway.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:42 pm

GwenBriar wrote:Is there a military term for squeezing yourself against the side of a doorway so you can salute as someone goes through? MBD likes to do that, though he rarely actually salutes any more. It would be nicer if he would just get out of the doorway.

Thanks for paying attention to my desire for finding new words for common occurrences.
I would call this a ‘slitherlute’, or maybe ‘slidelute’.
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:39 pm

I bet we are going to have a lot of unintended consequences because of Covid-19.
One of which is I bet we’re creating a bunch of little germaphobes.
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:09 pm

GwenBriar wrote:Is there a military term for squeezing yourself against the side of a doorway so you can salute as someone goes through? MBD likes to do that, though he rarely actually salutes any more. It would be nicer if he would just get out of the doorway.

MBD used to do that in play, but now it seems more like an instinctive act. Of course he can no longer predict which way I am going. Now that I think about it, on board ship, it seems like a good way to clear a narrow passage while also not blocking the doorway. Or maybe, his mom made him stand in the doorway when he was underfoot. :)
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:55 pm

I’m discovering so many things in life that aren’t needed.

Paper towels
Balanced meals
Exercise
TV guide
Clean underwear
Razors
Haircuts
Light bulbs
GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:40 pm

One of the amenities MBD always provided was warm plates for breakfast. You would be surprised how much better eggs or pancakes taste on a warm plate.
GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:29 pm

MBD likes his coffee strong. When he made breakfast he used 3 or 4 scoops of coffee for our little 2-cup pot, and made sure it steeped 6 minutes as he dished up our food. Now that I make breakfast I use 1 scoop and put it on first so it can steep while breakfast is cooking. Then MBD complained his coffee was cold. Until I started putting the cups in the warming oven with the plates. Now, why didn't somebody think of that 30 year ago?

Return to “Writing”