Daily Tweet

GwenBriar

Re: Daily Tweet

Postby GwenBriar » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:56 pm

MBD wants to go for a drive to find a "special" treat. Like ice cream. This is the first time in a long time he has specified what he wants. And the first time he has mentioned ice cream since I stopped buying it last summer because he kept leaving it on the counter. We're still not going for a drive. He would forget before we got anywhere anyway.
MyMindsEye

Postby MyMindsEye » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:40 pm

My telephone has been strangely silent these days.
Have we perhaps found the remedy to the telemarketing pandemic? :huh:
:no: Be chary of giving advice. Wise men don't need it, Fools won't heed it. - MmE
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:56 pm

MyMindsEye wrote:My telephone has been strangely silent these days.
Have we perhaps found the remedy to the telemarketing pandemic? :huh:

I will use my daily tweet to anecdotally confirm this. Hadn’t actually noticed this until you pointed it out.
However, have they switched their efforts to spam?
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:01 pm

Yikes! MBD did it again. Slammed his yearbook closed. When I say something he always apologizes and says it was louder than he expected too. There must be something satisfying about finishing it.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:52 pm

You know, this virus situation is making me even more convinced that financial wealth is an illusion. I’m hoping the long term benefits of these trials is to reshape our values, and I’ll be able to find people to play cards with.
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:50 pm

MBD likes milk. When he wants some he gets it out and (usually) pours it into something he can drink out of. If not a glass or coffee cup, then a bowl or measuring cup. So, I asked him to help me with dinner by getting his milk. I handed him a glass, told him the milk was in the refrigerator, then described the carton, repeatedly, as he asked me about butter, jam, and several other things. Then he closed the refrigerator and asked me if a frying pan was milk. :huh: By then I was done with what I was doing and poured his milk.
GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:04 am

I sent MBD, with the empty can, to the pantry to get me more baking powder. He said "How about this spam? How about these peaches, and etc.?" Finally I had to get the powder myself. OK I finally accept that he can no longer help. At all. Then he volunteered to whip the egg whites for meringue. He did a good job too, all by himself.
GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:16 pm

A couple of summers ago, shopping, I came back to the car to find a former neighbor leaning on the open window talking to MBD. I loaded my groceries and put away the cart. When I started to get into the car I said "Hi Bill." He looked up startled, and obviously irritated, then said "And just who are you?" After I told him he went away, but then I had to explain to MBD who "that guy" was. Must have been a great conversation!
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:17 pm

Watching movies is driving me nuts. All those crowded airports, shoulder to shoulder foot traffic, using public phones without disinfecting or even using hand sanitizer. Were we just crazy?
GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:18 pm

Underdog wrote:Watching movies is driving me nuts. All those crowded airports, shoulder to shoulder foot traffic, using public phones without disinfecting or even using hand sanitizer. Were we just crazy?

And how about all the smoking?

Return to “Writing”