Daily Tweet

Underdog

Re: Daily Tweet

Postby Underdog » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:17 pm

A new phrase in our lexicon, “social distancing”.
Heck, I’ve been doing that for decades.
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:21 pm

All I can think of is people think civilization is about to end and no more toilet paper will be milled. I'm not worried. We still have several Wards and Sears catalogs from the 70s.
GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:01 pm

Underdog wrote: Right now for us it’s Wheat Thins with Philly Cream Cheese, nachos, scrambled/boiled eggs (not fried eggs) used to be fried eggs but no more. Salad with interesting things like fruit because she won’t just eat a banana.

Funny. MBD used to eat a little toast with his jam. Now he eats his toast dry, and eats the jam out of the jar, with a fork, when he eats it at all.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:16 am

My son, who lives in Boston, told me of his store’s frozen chicken shortage. I smugly sent him a picture of our rows of frozen hens and then regretted it when I got to the toilet paper, bottled water, canned vegetables, milk and eggs aisles. Oh yeah, all of the fresh chicken was gone... and the bananas and tomatoes... and potatoes... and Cinnamon Fire Jolly Ranchers.
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
MyMindsEye

Postby MyMindsEye » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:30 pm

:wtf: Had a Underdog deep thought moment regarding the huge crush at our airports processing our citizens from europe.
Seems to be a simple solution: Staff the now failing Cruise Lines with the personnel charged with, Imigration, Customs, CDC, etc. to perfom these tasks while enroute home. Quarantine decks could be established for those deemed HOT and the whole process complete by the time they reach stateside docks. These industries might as well earn some of their forthcoming bail out funds. :shrug:
:no: Be chary of giving advice. Wise men don't need it, Fools won't heed it. - MmE
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:51 am

MyMindsEye wrote::wtf: Had a Underdog deep thought moment...

I’m all for it but it makes too much sense. And as long as you’re spending billions on the problem, what about confiscating a couple hotels and use them for quarantines. You could throw them away after use if nobody wanted to stay in them afterwards.

Only problem with Underdog style ideas is how they fail. After the Carnival cruise was over, you’d have a super jacked up mega-virus as they all get together and join forces. We’re talking the off-loading of zombies.
MyMindsEye

Postby MyMindsEye » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:41 pm

Toilet Paper mystery revealed:
Check EBay!
Dont know who's worse, The thieves selling it or the morons paying the prices.
You wont believe your eyes. :(
:no: Be chary of giving advice. Wise men don't need it, Fools won't heed it. - MmE
GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:03 pm

All this talk of toilet paper - It is unutterably sad that I have to be thankful that the smart, loving, strong, capable man I married is still 99% housebroken. Not all care-givers have it so good.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:29 pm

They say that the average person knows 10,000 words and if you know 80,000, you are a genius.
I’m going to test myself, let’s see:
One, two, three, four, five...
GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:21 pm

I'm also thankful MBD is unfailingly patient, seldom angry, and never violent. And, I'm thankful he still wants to help even though that mostly consists of standing in the way.

Return to “Writing”