Daily Tweet

Underdog

Re: Daily Tweet

Postby Underdog » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:54 am

Underdog wrote:Only two more days of the date being a palindrome (91719)... only two days for me to figure out how to benefit from this.

The first time that the date February 29 (Leap Year) will be a palindrome will be 02/29/9220. I bet there will be a lot of partying going on and yes, a few crazies predicting the end of the world.
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:09 pm

Every once in a while I'm fascinated with phobias, like Anatidaephobia, the fear that a duck or a goose may be watching them. But I really wonder if anybody suffers from the fear that they have no phobias at all. Sometimes I'm fascinated by paradoxes.
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:30 am

"Happy as a clam". Turns out it isn't "Happy as a clam", it's "Happy as a clam at high tide." Yeah, that makes more sense. If I'm not in immediate danger of death, my emotional well being should be determined as favorable as a mollusk. I bet you thought I was going to say crustacean. I learned my lesson when I found out that a cucumber is a berry.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:42 am

Here's a cool little trick: When you go to the pantry for Wheat Thins, pour a reasonable amount into a bowl and then put the box back. Then when you want more Wheat Thins, you have to get up from the couch and go to the pantry again to get the box and bring it back to the couch. I just made you have to make two trips to eat your Wheat Thins... pretty neat trick, eh?
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:34 am

It's public news so I can talk about it. My son was part of The Coast Guard cutter that confiscated and has now offloaded more than 12,000 pounds of cocaine in Miami. The drug problem continues, but for some people for whom those drugs were intended, lives are going to be changed and saved. Thank you crew of The Coast Guard Cutter Seneca!
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:27 pm

Stay away from my window
Stay away from my back door too
Disconnect the telephone line
Relax baby and draw that blind

Tonight's the night
The Fall TV season's here
It's gonna be alright
Life is once again bright
Last edited by Underdog on Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:17 am

I know there are those who don't like it when people make fun of cats; but I can, because I like to knock things off of tables and dressers too.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:55 am

BEST NCIS EPISODE EVER ! ! !

ZIVA LIVES!
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:30 pm

'Stumptown' starts out with the PTSD ridden heroine tunneling out of the trunk of her own car into the back seat, spraying her kidnappers with a fire extinguisher, hitting one of them in the back of the head with the tank and biting a wrist, car careening out of control and flies off of the roadway Dukes of Hazard style... TV doesn't get better than that, I'm going to like this series just fine.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:38 pm

Emotions are luxuries.

Return to “Writing”