Daily Tweet

Underdog

Re: Daily Tweet

Postby Underdog » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:23 pm

A friend of mine passed away this week. I thought you may enjoy an article that was published about him last year...

I especially wanted Bundles to see the article... and a few of you other loyal visitors to Daily Tweet.
I'm taking it down for privacy reasons. I just don't want it up there indefinitely but if any members missed it, just PM me.

Here is a poignant tribute to him taken by a mutual friend. I have posted another picture of him before, a silhouette with a lamp behind him as he takes a drag off of a cig. He was a Vietnam war hero, a musician and an artist as well as a good natured and loyal friend. But you can't get much more bad @$$ than throwing a guy out a window over a Coke.

In-Memory.jpg
In-Memory.jpg (60.89 KiB) Viewed 1381 times
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:28 pm

I only use sodium, argon, calcium and samarium periodically
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:18 pm

Turns out I'm in big demand to call Bingo at the senior center. I think it's because I'm the youngest one there and my voice can be heard throughout the room. Might be because I single out people and give them attention and tell jokes in between rounds and try to make everyone laugh. Tomorrow I'm going to talk real soft and then pretend my comb is a microphone.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:08 pm

Found the perfect hairbrush. A portable round one with black center and purple border. Looked cool and warmed them up perfectly. I'd take it away from my mouth and talk softly and then put it back up and talk loudly. They got a kick out of it. Yep, had to tap it to see if it was on; it's a hairbrush after all. It had a mirror on the other side and I pointed out that every mirror looks like an eyeball when you look at it up close. My wife won one game but she gave away her loot to the lady that helps her play her card. She's a generous soul. I ought to do a BotS about a Bingo caller.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:58 pm

So I walked into the Bingo game with two minutes to spare. They had everything setup and the cards all distributed. I walked up to my table and the Bingo cage handle was on the wrong side. I joked that I would have to call the numbers with my back to them. One lady helpfully offered the suggestion that maybe we could turn the table around (instead of just turning the cage around). Another lady (who had my number) informed her, "He's just being silly". "Silly", not funny, clever, ironic... "silly". Yep, she has my number. People over 65... best audience ever.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:51 am

I used to video weddings back in the day and they would play this song and it had choreography to it but I could never understand the words. Well I finally found the lyrics online:

Children under seven, they all love their macaroni
They eat it with hot-dogs or a sandwich with bologna
Must be made with powdered cheese, the real cheese tastes too phony
Hey, macaroni
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:08 am

Why are ants so fearless? You can't scare them to reveal where the heck they came from. They will aimlessly walk around their fallen comrades carcasses and not be affected one bit. I wiped out dozens and waited, got bored, left to do something, got back and there were about ten that replaced the doofuses that didn't send back word that there was a predator about.

Underdog-- 56
Ants-- One million billion
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:01 am

Is 12:00 PM noon, or midnight? The world may never know.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:13 pm

Don't know why those ants didn't assume that I wouldn't use chemical and germ warfare.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:56 pm

I wonder if cavemen talked to their pets as if they were human.

Return to “Writing”