I’m a Ramblin’ Man

Underdog

Re: I’m a Ramblin’ Man

Postby Underdog » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:10 am

GwenBriar wrote:I agree with everything you said Underdog, but I think you missed the point about white privilege. I am not racist either. Most people aren't. But it takes only one. White privilege means we don't have to worry if the jerk blocking the aisle, or the customer service person, or the policeman stopping us is that one.

Actually white privilege and systematic racism means that if you are white, you participate in harming the black race. You owe them financial reparations because of your actions. Are you ready to send Al Sharpton a percentage of your income?
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:16 pm

No it doesn't. It just means that white people have the privilege of not being aware of color. If people you listen to have politicized it more than that I haven't heard of it.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:49 pm

GwenBriar wrote:No it doesn't. It just means that white people have the privilege of not being aware of color. If people you listen to have politicized it more than that I haven't heard of it.

I have no idea where you got that interpretation of privilege. There are whites who raise black children. There are whites who grew up in black neighborhoods.
Then there are whites like me who aren’t brain dead.
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:50 am

GwenBriar wrote:No it doesn't. It just means that white people have the privilege of not being aware of color. If people you listen to have politicized it more than that I haven't heard of it.

Hey Gwen,
The reason I didn’t believe the noose that Bubba Wallace reported was a hate crime, (besides the fact that the last half dozen noose related hate crimes were hoaxes), is because we don’t live in a racist country.

It would have been more likely planted there by his own crew or Bubba himself. It’s the reverse racism that is out of control. What’s popular is judging people because of the color of their skin if it’s white.

I don’t for a minute believe you are racist. I don’t believe that your whole life up to now has been a self-involved woman with no compassion for other races. I don’t believe you rejoiced when the young black boy was accidentally shot carrying a toy gun and I don’t believe that you hoped white cops would hunt down black men and murder them.

I don’t believe that because of your systematic racism, that George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin while Trayvon was pounding his head into the ground. I would more likely think it was self preservation.

Here’s what I think you do with your white skin: show extreme compassion for a husband that was dealt a crushing blow by fate.

Gwen, I love this country and I love you. I love your mind and heart and believe you, and people like you are a significant reason this country is as great as it is.

Here is an edit.
Unless this is a hoax, one of the statues torn down and thrown into a lake:

Hans Christian Heg (December 21, 1829 – September 20, 1863) was a Norwegian American journalist, anti-slavery activist, politician and soldier, best known for leading the Scandinavian 15th Wisconsin Volunteer Regiment in the American Civil War.
Died: September 20, 1863
Born: December 21, 1829
Participated: American Civil War
Last edited by Underdog on Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:30 pm

If you want to become an expert in identifying counterfeit money, you don’t examine every counterfeit bill that you can lay your hands on; you become familiar with the real, authentic currency. Then, when you have in your hands, phony currency; it stands out like a sore thumb. This is because the thumb already stands out amongst the fingers.

I have an advantage in identifying bogus thinking; I’m not loyal to an ideology. I believe that truth in itself is worthy of loyalty.

If you want to live your life beyond reproach, study the truth. Lies won’t be able to hide.

The two political parties have become two sides of the same evil coin. Since they are on opposite sides, they can’t see each other, and are satisfied with this situation. It serves their purposes just fine.

As I looked for an analogy of a shape that might serve conflicting thoughts better, I came up with a bowl. The rounded surface allows you to see every area and move from place to place with smooth efficiency.

For it to function, you have to work together and every part is vital.

If it’s a ceramic bowl, I suggest the fire be represented by forgiveness.

But eventually all analogies break down, like a Ford on a beautiful, smooth, brand new Texas highway.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:48 pm

I try to determine how so many young people can become so angry so soon in life. How they can be willing to participate in such destruction with no remorse. How so many can cheer it on.

Can the motivation be righteousness? Does your brain have to do cartwheels to justify this as the reason?

The simplest answer is most often the correct one. Anger, hatred, self loathing, insecurity, guilt, envy/jealousy, abandonment issues, mental illness, boredom, thrill seeking, ego, peer pressure, greed, misguided indoctrination... or love, caring and righteous anger?
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:29 pm

Since it’s inevitable that Washington DC is going to be renamed, we might as well do it at the same time as The Redskins.

Let’s use the same letters so as to save all the extras they have laying around. So instead of Redskins, they can be known as The Skidners. No one knows what a Skidner is and therefore can’t be offended and the football team loyalists get to keep the letters.

Washington is a little trickier. Haginstown is the logical choice but Hagin was a former Trump aide and another Hagin was a Pentecostal preacher.

So we need to go with Gnishatown. Close to ‘knish’ but it’s not ‘knish’. There is no ‘gnish’ so it’s safe.

The Gnishatown Skidners!

And the added benefit of decades long arguments about whether or not the ‘G’ is silent.
MyMindsEye

Postby MyMindsEye » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:01 pm

Pretty sure a "Skidner" is one who fails to wipe properly. This may offend those who are hygienically challenged. :D
Might generate some interesting swag tho! :lol:

PS: What about Redskin Peanuts????????? :wtf:
:no: Be chary of giving advice. Wise men don't need it, Fools won't heed it. - MmE
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:47 pm

People think that slavery started in 1776; it didn’t. The people were steeped in slavery since the 1500’s. Thanks Spain.

This isn’t well known, but it’s difficult to shed values and lifestyles that you grow up in. Ancestry and tradition is peer pressure from dead people. It takes time to evolve, ask Darwin.

Imagine this: Let’s say The Civil War started today; but instead of slavery, abortion was the dividing issue.

Now picture a hundred and fifty years pass and it’s discovered that abortion was evil...
MyMindsEye

Postby MyMindsEye » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:53 pm

I think Ive discovered the malady affecting the Mob-Squad.
After watching the commercials, I believe they are suffering from a Prevagen Deficiency.
They are unable to think clearly and user testimonies indicate a marked improvement in this function.
Perhaps we should replace the fluoride in the water with Prevagen. (before its too late!)
:no: Be chary of giving advice. Wise men don't need it, Fools won't heed it. - MmE

Return to “Writing”