Daily Tweet

Underdog

Re: Daily Tweet

Postby Underdog » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:47 pm

Huh, I was just thinking about how easy it would be to say I didn’t watch The Five today.

“I didn’t watch The Five today.”

That was easy, not particularly true, but easy to say.

I was going to wait until Saturday Night Live, but I thought that would have been sac-religious.
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:18 am

Now that it’s over I can get back to important things.
I’ve been trying to think of common items that can be turned into stencils for chalk art.
The kids in the apartments here love to use chalk on the sidewalks but they’re terrible at it.
I was thinking maybe one of those pool noodles so that they could keep curves in perspective a little.
Straight edges are easy.
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:05 pm

GwenBriar wrote:The analogy of Schroedinger's cat box is not completely accurate because the cat knows. In the case of America it's really true that nobody knows. (Yet)

Ok, so if I buy a lottery ticket and don’t check on its status, am I both a millionaire and not a millionaire?
GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:21 pm

Underdog wrote:Ok, so if I buy a lottery ticket and don’t check on its status, am I both a millionaire and not a millionaire?

The ticket is or is not a winner whether it is checked or not. You are not a millionaire unless you check the winning ticket and cash it in.
GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:42 pm

MBD is often surprised when flipping a switch makes a room brighter. (He rarely turns off a light. Even when I ask him to he can't figure out how.) So it doesn't bother him when the power is out and the switches don't work. Last year he flipped the switches over and over and over and wondered who hated us enough to sabotage ALL the lights.
GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:38 pm

An elderly man got in the grocery check out line next to mine. He was extremely rude to the young woman in front of him. I recognized the symptoms immediately, but then realized that even with all my experience I still don't know how to deal with a stranger. Fortunately the woman was able to dodge him for a couple of minutes until he settled down.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:57 am

I’m writing a screenplay about a super hero who’s suit doesn’t fit him very well and it interferes with his crime fighting abilities. Might get downgraded to a BotS entry.
ilovedinosaurs7

Postby ilovedinosaurs7 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:41 pm

Underdog wrote:I’m writing a screenplay about a super hero who’s suit doesn’t fit him very well and it interferes with his crime fighting abilities. Might get downgraded to a BotS entry.

The Incredibles? (NO CAPES!) :)
There's not a lawyer in this world that's too fat that T. rex couldn't swallow him whole.
-Peter R. Larson
President, Black Hills Institute of Geological Research
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:31 pm

ilovedinosaurs7 wrote:
Underdog wrote:I’m writing a screenplay about a super hero who’s suit doesn’t fit him very well and it interferes with his crime fighting abilities. Might get downgraded to a BotS entry.

The Incredibles? (NO CAPES!) :)

There was this new on the scene, superhero that went to a tailor to get his costume.

When he went to try it on, he pointed out to the tailor that one shoulder hung wrong. The tailor said no problem, he could just tug it over and hold it down with his chin.

Then the superhero showed him how one sleeve was twisted. Again the tailor said no problem, just twist the sleeve back and pin it down with his elbow.

Then the superhero noticed that one pant leg was longer than the other. The tailor told him to hike up that pant leg and hold it up by pressing his knees together.

The superhero then told him that the cape hung crooked. The tailor said all he has to do is walk on one tip toe.

So the superhero goes out into the public and a couple sees him walking down the street. The woman says, “Oh, What a poor superhero.” And the man says, “Yeah, but that’s a great looking costume!”
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:46 pm

Iran’s top nuclear scientist was assassinated over the holiday weekend. That’s going to make Thanksgiving so sad for his family now.

Too soon?

Return to “Writing”