Daily Tweet

Underdog

Re: Daily Tweet

Postby Underdog » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:40 pm

No ideology is impenetrable to valid criticism. I just wonder how the extremists on either side can only pick on one pocket of power to attack, and ignore the pitfalls of their own. After over two years of serious introspection and personal pain, I've decided to start a new political party... The "Beyond Reproach Party". We address every criticism without obfuscation. Join Today!

May your independence be rooted in integrity.

HAPPY-4TH-OF-JULY.jpg
HAPPY-4TH-OF-JULY.jpg (98.99 KiB) Viewed 206 times
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:38 pm

Growing up my uncle would say things and then follow up with, "Pardon my French." So in Middle School when I took a languages course and the teacher asked if anybody knew any French. I was prepared.
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:18 am

My wife's family didn't allow profanity so the kids would call each other words like, "face card' or, "laundry detergent". But the other kids knew what they meant... oh yeah, they knew.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:32 am

Our son was calling this other boy "Skylab". Since we didn't want our son to tease others, we urged him to stop calling him that. (We were anti-bullying before anti-bullying was cool) Turns out, that was the kids name. (That was 1989)
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:45 am

Didn't give an update on my last Bingo call. I talked about how politicians use intro music like, "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow". So since I didn't have anyone to introduce me, I used my phone and entered to, "Jaws", complete with dorsal fin, and then I tried "Chariots Of Fire" with slow motion and slow motion falling down.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:37 am

My wife: I had a dream about you last night.

Me: Aww, that's sweet.

My wife: You had these two horns...
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:06 am

Me: I'll look through you soon and throw away anything that I won't ever use.

Junk Drawer: No you won't.

Me: Sure I will. There a bunch of stuff that I want to use in there. I just need to be reminded of it.

Junk Drawer: No you won't.

Me: *Puts some highlighters and an incomplete deck of cards in the drawer*
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:03 am

I spoke with someone who has a sketchy reputation with others. He has rubbed people the wrong way. The conversation went well and I could see the humanity in him. I could also see that should we be in a conflict, that would be where I may see his true colors. It made me sad.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:22 pm

With all of this "throwing shade" and "clapping back" and being "woke", I'm kind of feeling embarrassed about having said "groovy", "flower power" and "I can dig it".
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:23 am

Try as I might, I can't bring myself to eat a Ritz Cracker upside down.

Return to “Writing”