Daily Tweet

Underdog

Re: Daily Tweet

Postby Underdog » Tue May 14, 2019 11:40 am

If a comedian can make you laugh, and make you love them, and stay out of the media controversy mill... they are worth noting as they pass. Don't know if anybody had any grievances with Tim Conway, but I didn't.
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
MyMindsEye

Postby MyMindsEye » Tue May 14, 2019 1:26 pm

Underdog wrote:If a comedian can make you laugh, and make you love them, and stay out of the media controversy mill... they are worth noting as they pass. Don't know if anybody had any grievances with Tim Conway, but I didn't.

An unrivaled comedic genius. Most of todays comedians lack any of the imagination, creativity and talent that this man shared with our generation. :(
Sad news and tremendous loss. RIP Tim.
:no: Be chary of giving advice. Wise men don't need it, Fools won't heed it. - MmE
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Wed May 15, 2019 9:22 am

Read about Doris Day... kinda afraid to keep reading the news today.
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
Diogenese
Quartermaster

Postby Diogenese » Wed May 15, 2019 10:03 am

I knew Doris Day before she was a virgin. - Oscar Levant
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. :roll:

| General FAQ | Effects FAQ | Illustration FAQ | Photography FAQ | Writing FAQ | 3D FAQ | Brawl FAQ | BotS FAQ |
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Thu May 16, 2019 10:39 am

I asked my 8 year old grand niece what she likes to watch on the tube and she looked at me with a blank stare. What do they teach kids in school now anyway?
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sat May 18, 2019 12:49 pm

Now that I know chickens can lay blue eggs, white and brown ones are boring.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sun May 19, 2019 8:48 am

Woke up thinking about the expression, "Goody two shoes" so I looked up its origin. This led to the term, "Goody goody gumdrops" which made me wonder why expressions die out. Then I saw the expression, "By gog jolly custard" and realized that so many expressions come from England and they are really weird over there, so of course they die out.

Return to “Writing”