- - You can't make up your mind what you like/don't like about it...
- You thought it was great, but it tanked in a contest...
- Your mum says it's marvellous, but your friends don't look at it for more than a few seconds...
So, what about your image has not been successful? If you want to know, then this is the place to ask.
How does it work?:
- Post a picture that you would like some critique on. Explain as much or as little about it as you'd like, perhaps including what you are confused about, what you were intending, etc.
- members of the community will give CONSTRUCTIVE and INFORMATIVE critique on your image to explain how the image impacts their thinking
- as the posting artist, you need to remember that you have to have a thick skin and take on board what people say, no matter how much you may disagree - they are only offering their opinions.
Rules of the game:
- - You may not post images that have been entered into contests if the contest is either open for submission or voting. Obviously images from closed contests will get the best benefit here.
- You may not later enter any images that have been critiqued openly into any future contests. If you would like critique on an image you want to enter later, then please make use of the private critique thread to request such advice.
- To the critics, any critique that becomes nasty, personal or abusive will be instantly removed, as per site guidelines and the critic will not be welcome to post further critique on the same image.
- As the posting artist, you may not engage in an argument or opposing point of view - just thank everyone for their time once feedback for your image is no longer forthcoming.
So, let's see what you've got and we'll all chip in and try and help!