Comment thread - 30 Day September Challenge 2019

Underdog

Re: Comment thread - 30 Day September Challenge 2019

Postby Underdog » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:38 am

IcyAll wrote:
Underdog - Time. WOW. So sad. But quite a story, everyone in their place. :( And that purple yarn! The yellow yarn! In one picture the argument for "Why should they never make certain colors of yarn?" -- LOL. But woven! (Or knitted) Colorful subject, at least. And finally, that bug. Or flea magnified. GROSS. I hate bugs. How big is that thing? What is that thing? Creepy crawly keep it away from me! I appreciate the photography, but yuck. ;) Glad you reposted in the thread.

That is the cicada's nymph exoskeleton... (shell).
They crawl out of the ground after years underground and have to shed it right away so fluid can fill their wings and their skin can harden.
They are all over the place in Texas.
Didn't know they weren't everywhere. I hear cicadas in the movies all the time.
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
KrysGeo

Postby KrysGeo » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:52 am

Trying to get a bit caught up in my comments. For those of you with outside accts I will be commenting there. Thank you to those of you who have been commenting on my photos.

Buffmufin, I would vote for you to post your last 4 photos before you leave or give us an extra daily photo.

GwenBriar I have been enjoying all your photos!
Day 1, love the clouds and how the sun is streaming through, very pretty.
Day 2, great item for rust, almost rusted away back to Mother Earth!
Day 3, I really like the blur effect, very cool photo! Going to have to try this sometime.
Day 4, Never knew poison ivy had berries, they are interesting how they grow.
Day 5, I like how your steamer pot thing fills the entire photo frame.
Day 6, Wild blouse! Love the circles!
Day 7, I really like how you captured a calming mood with the candles, even if they are LED.
Day 8, They look delish! Very pretty purple shades.
Day 9, Looks like an old book, reminds me of the dictionary my parents had. And what a great book holder too!
Day 10, I'm glad you said they were thread, my first thought was candles! They seem very large and tall, love the colors!
Day 11, Great idea for new and old, lovely comparison! My parents collected old glass bottles and jars and I still have some.
Day 12, I missed this photo in large view, never heard of a dinosaur plant. I'm guessing it grows quite large to get such a name. I really like how you show the leaf from below and the angle of the sun, very cool composition.
Day 13, How interesting! It's almost like water and oil separating, I really love the different shades of green mixed with the whites and all the little shapes!
Day 14, The lizards look they are already trying to find a safe place for the winter! Pretty colors, they look cozy together.
Day 15, Love the composition and DOF on this one, they look delish!
Day 16, Very interesting bark, maybe a birch? Very nice photo.
Day 17, Definitely just a blur! Like some of my days! lol
Day 18, Great idea for "stacks". I would have just passed it right by without another thought for that day's topic. Very cool!
Day 19, Where did you ever find a cloud formation like that??? It really does look just like an eye! Wow!
Day 20, This is one of my favorites because I like to see how things change over time. Wow, what a difference time has made on that mountain! I would not have thought it to be a quarry, I thought maybe it was some natural process, but I can see now how the quarry would effect it. Great capture of “time”!
Day 21, It may not be pretty and neat but it still works! It's truly amazing how well birds can weave a nest with just the use of their beaks.
Day 22, What a beautiful abalone shell, and just detail in the carving! You did a fine job capturing the details to share, and the colors and how the light reflects off it, just lovely.
Buffmufin

Postby Buffmufin » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:07 pm

IcyAll said,

"Buffmuffin - you know I love it all! It's like someone sent a memo around to the animals to pose for you or something! You got so many great moments, it's like watching a natural special!"

Thank you very much, Icy!! I appreciate your comments and your enthusiasm for my pictures. Check out tonight's. ;)
IcyAll

Postby IcyAll » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:51 am

Buff: I vote you post your four pix before you leave. :)

NinaP: re focus stacking - you can always just paste new images as layers, then mask/erase out of focus pieces. I'm too lazy to mask, so I use the erase tool. Gets me in trouble with purists, but it works for me.
I See
NinaPastina

Postby NinaPastina » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:03 pm

IcyAll wrote:
NinaP: re focus stacking - you can always just paste new images as layers, then mask/erase out of focus pieces. I'm too lazy to mask, so I use the erase tool. Gets me in trouble with purists, but it works for me.

Thanks for the suggestions! I think my problem was that since I hadn't tried focus stacking before, I let the camera shoot 100 shots. So...when PS tried to blend them it ran out of "scratch disk space" after a couple of hours. I deleted a bunch of files and tried it again and it had the same problem. I ran out of time and patience since it was just a silly shot of a bunch of buttons. I need to try again, but with far fewer shots and perhaps a photo of something more interesting. Or....maybe it's a good excuse to buy another computer. Hmmmm...
MrsHjort

Postby MrsHjort » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:56 pm

The end of the challenge is drawing near. Would you be up for an end competition? All challenge players are welcome :). The rules would be the same as in the challenge - edit your photos however you like. You can enter your favorite from the contest, do a collage och enter an entirely new shot that goes with your challenge. You will have October 1st to enter and the voting starts on the 2nd.

Can I hear a Y!?
Can I hear an E!?
can I hear an S!?

Are you gonna play ...?
:dance: :D :cheer: :D :dance:

Players:
MrsHjort
Buffmufin
secretatlantis
MadamMtnLion
IcyAll
essjaynz
KrysGeo
NinaPastina
GwenBriar
Underdog
To boldly arrrrr where no pirate has steered before :captain:
Buffmufin

Postby Buffmufin » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:58 pm

Sure! I should be back by then...... :) If my patent illegality doesn't disqualify me. If it does, so be it.
NinaPastina

Postby NinaPastina » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:44 pm

Icy All--Really. Honestly. I shot my paper towel, posted it, then saw your paper towel. I feel like it's 2 women showing up somewhere in the same dress!! Yours is great--love the little torn part.
IcyAll

Postby IcyAll » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:22 am

NinaPastina wrote:Icy All--Really. Honestly. I shot my paper towel, posted it, then saw your paper towel. I feel like it's 2 women showing up somewhere in the same dress!! Yours is great--love the little torn part.

Actually, mine is a roll of toilet paper. :) But wow! They really are similar! Okay, so the obvious question two girls would have before the next day: What are you shooting (wearing) tomorrow? ;)
I See
NinaPastina

Postby NinaPastina » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:35 am

IcyAll wrote:
NinaPastina wrote:Icy All--Really. Honestly. I shot my paper towel, posted it, then saw your paper towel. I feel like it's 2 women showing up somewhere in the same dress!! Yours is great--love the little torn part.

Actually, mine is a roll of toilet paper. :) But wow! They really are similar! Okay, so the obvious question two girls would have before the next day: What are you shooting (wearing) tomorrow? ;)

Funny! I'm probably going to try another focus stack thing. Probably apples.

Return to “Photography”