Comment thread - 30 Day September Challenge 2019

essjaynz

Re: Comment thread - 30 Day September Challenge 2019

Postby essjaynz » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:16 am

Can you add me to the tournament please.

I have enjoyed the challenge of getting it done everyday and seeing what everyone else had come up with.
KrysGeo

Postby KrysGeo » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:36 pm

MrsHjort wrote:The contest will run with the other contests on the contest tab. You'd enter your picture into it just like in any other contest, and then we'll vote. If you want to play, cool! But it's totally fine not to participate too, if you're not into that sort of thing :)

I'm in too, if I can figure out how to get to it. Will you provide a link?

It has been fun. It too has been a busy month for me so it's been challenging trying to keep up with the comments, but I've loved everyone's daily photos.
MrsHjort

Postby MrsHjort » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:01 pm

KrysGeo wrote:I'm in too, if I can figure out how to get to it. Will you provide a link?

Sure, I can do that. :)

Just fyi though, there is a contest tab just beneath the Daggerbay top banner. You'll find the contest there. Click on any contest to enter the contest page, and then klick "submit entry" to get to the submission page. Give your entry a title, upload your picture and then hit the submit button to finalize your submission :)
To boldly arrrrr where no pirate has steered before :captain:
NinaPastina

Postby NinaPastina » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:31 pm

Icy All-I love your "lines" photo. I keep looking at it and seeing new things every time. I still haven't figured out what is it. A space heater perhaps?

Gwen Briar-
Inside fruit--it's funny that you said that. When I took my photos of apples I wasn't thinking that I should show the "inside" of the apple. But now that you mention it, I guess most of us did show the inside of the fruit/vegetable. In any case, I love your cabbage shot. The purple and white form such wonderful patterns.
Garage door--that is amazing! Is it from your house? Did you paint it? Very nice!
KrysGeo

Postby KrysGeo » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:43 pm

MrsHjort wrote:Just fyi though, there is a contest tab just beneath the Daggerbay top banner. You'll find the contest there. Click on any contest to enter the contest page, and then klick "submit entry" to get to the submission page. Give your entry a title, upload your picture and then hit the submit button to finalize your submission :)

Got it, thanks! I snooped around the contest tab, looks pretty straight forward. :D
KrysGeo

Postby KrysGeo » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:46 pm

GwenBriar
Day 27, Your plums are so nicely arranged, bet they are yummy too! I’ve always loved how cabbage looks when it’s been sliced, all the different twists and turns each leaf makes as it grows. Great shots!
Day 28, Love the door! I’ve seen things like this before, even seen similar on semi-truck trailers, very cool.

IcyAll
Day 27, What a beautiful shot of a bell pepper’s insides! So crisp and such focus on the seeds, just marvelous!
Day 28, How cute! Oh how I wish it was spring, I’m so not ready for winter!
Day 29, “What interesting lines” I thought when I first saw this, but what could it possibly be I wondered, but then my brain must have warmed up enough to figure it out!
MadamMtnLion

Postby MadamMtnLion » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:14 am

MrsHjort wrote:. You will have October 1st to enter and the voting starts on the 2nd.
I am not finding it, is the contest up now? I was going to ask when the entries could be put in, and when it goes to vote?? - Oh I think I get it... you have only the 1st to enter... I assume from midnight on the 1st east coast time to midnight on the 2nd east coast time?
MrsHjort

Postby MrsHjort » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:30 am

MadamMtnLion wrote:
MrsHjort wrote:. You will have October 1st to enter and the voting starts on the 2nd.
I am not finding it, is the contest up now? I was going to ask when the entries could be put in, and when it goes to vote?? - Oh I think I get it... you have only the 1st to enter... I assume from midnight on the 1st east coast time to midnight on the 2nd east coast time?

The contest will show on the contest page just after midnight on Octobet 1st, "Daggerbay time", I don't remember exactly which timezone that is, but it should correspond with one of the US time zones :)

Edit: I did a bit of snooping and if I'm correct, yes, that would be east coast time Chicago time (sorry, brain fog :zzz: )
To boldly arrrrr where no pirate has steered before :captain:
IcyAll

Postby IcyAll » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:05 am

NinaP and KrysGeo - yes, a space heater. Thanks ... I was up early, not freezing cold for the first time in a few weeks, and saw the lines. :) I'm afraid by this point I'm getting just a bit lazy, it's not as sharply focused as I'd like, so I fudged with filters.

Underdog - love the spooky past-era feel of the foggy railroad tracks. Really caught the moment well with this image. And I love your wooden door! I want to use it for a chop in an effects contest at some point, it's so perfectly "door from fairy tale" you're right!

MadamMtLion - I'm continually struck by the palette of your collection. Is this accurate color or is this a remnant of digitizing or a choice altogether?

Essjaynz - I want to eat ALL OF THAT. OMG. Such beautiful pastry! Now if contestants on Great British Bake-off did things like that? They'd WIN. AND .... your photography of these subjects is perfect. I love the tone, the focus, the saturation - great food shots, which I find difficult. I never would have guessed that was a locker door. I thought refrigerator. I love the photo of the little boy, did you take that? And it's very NOW with the calendar hanging there. I could see this being part of a collection, a monthly pic of your locker with current photos of family and a calendar. After a few years you look and know when immediately, plus you get to see the family picture in context of time.

Mrs.H - I have the NIK collection, just never installed them. People in my camera club used to rave about them and when they were free I grabbed them. But then I lost enthusiasm and didn't use them. Your results make me reconsider, especially these last two days worth of village shots. I love the blue sky vignetting. And your composition skills make them inviting images anyway.

Whalelight - Very unpretentious, but somehow very personal. That yellow tile probably exists in millions of homes, like all bathrooms were built in the same 10 years. I love the old style twists to open and close the shutters.

SecretAtlantis - that pop of pink is quite startling! Yes, I'd say very greeting card. You have a great studio set up.

Buffmuffin - wow, that gazelle! Mid-hop! So crisp! Must have been a great "I got it!" moment in the old Land Rover!

GwenB - love the door painting, but mostly I love how it's all off-kilter.

KrysGeo - such a beautiful time line of autumn to winter shots. I'm sorry about your strawberries, but I'm envious of your snow. We never get snow and it photographs beautifully - you do it well.

NinaP - what a shot! All those girls in stripes! AND polka dots feature as well! It says "small town parade" and "nostalgia" and "homecoming" all at once. And every person looks good! The door of that house says "Lake House" to me. I'm jealous. :)

Only one day left. I can't think of anything good. "Electronics" is a tough subject.
I See
NinaPastina

Postby NinaPastina » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:21 pm

MrsHjort wrote:The end of the challenge is drawing near. Would you be up for an end competition? All challenge players are welcome :). The rules would be the same as in the challenge - edit your photos however you like. You can enter your favorite from the contest, do a collage och enter an entirely new shot that goes with your challenge. You will have October 1st to enter and the voting starts on the 2nd.

Can I hear a Y!?
Can I hear an E!?
can I hear an S!?

Are you gonna play ...?
:dance: :D :cheer: :D :dance:

Players:
MrsHjort
Buffmufin
secretatlantis
MadamMtnLion
IcyAll
essjaynz