Comment thread - 30 Day September Challenge 2019

IcyAll

Re: Comment thread - 30 Day September Challenge 2019

Postby IcyAll » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:59 am

Oh, I considered apples. Not sure. I think I'm gonna go to the store later, find something unusual.
I See
KrysGeo

Postby KrysGeo » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:00 pm

GwenBriar
Day 23, Nice focus on the hook, I like how it’s all tangled up with the fishing line and such, that’s usually what happens when I’m fishing!
Day 24, Nice stack of cardboard. I like the color variations.
Day 25, Your snack looks very yummy, I really like the colors in the corn.
Day 26, Wow! What a great idea to just turn the saturation all the way up! Never really thought about so many colors being in the newspaper.
secretatlantis

Postby secretatlantis » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:58 pm

It's late after another busy day. I honestly wish I had more time to write down what I like of each and every daily photo but the start of a new season of classes seems to be more time consuming every year, especially getting all different dances & background info back in my brains. That is the main reason why I had doubts to enter this challenge. I do look at all of the entries every day while uploading mine, they don't get unnoticed.
insert something clever here
KrysGeo

Postby KrysGeo » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:56 pm

IcyAll
Sorry to be late commenting on your photos, but I’ve been enjoying them every day! It’s so interesting seeing the different subjects you pick for the CaliGirl list vs. the others following the list. It’s been really fun so far admiring your photos!

Day 1, Love the clouds!
Day 2, Rust with a pretty ivy plant
Day 3, Zoom blur, really really nice! I love old cars to begin with and I like how the center of the car is still pretty clear and how you tilted the camera a bit.
Day 4, Very pretty cherries, I like that you can see the pit in one of them.
Day 5, Utensils ready for the next go around. I like how they are off to one side of the dishes. And the rack of pots just hanging ‘round.
Day 6, I like the angle that you took the photo with the coins fading back, nice focus on the front coins.
Day 7, Birthday anyone? I like the angle, makes it more interesting.
Day 8, Just rolling along?
Day 9, I like how you included the glasses with the book.
Day 10, Very clever idea to use the thread to cross the “T”. Very nice composition!
Day 11, One flower done and another so beautiful and full. Pretty!
Day 12, I like that you picked a leaf that’s past it’s prime, makes it interesting!
Day 13, I like the different shades of the water.
Day 14, How cute! Nice focus on the little guy.
Day 15, The shadows give me the feeling of mystery.
Day 16, You’ve picked a very interesting piece of bark, I can see different things in it. Very cool!
Day 17, Really gives the feel of the wind moving the flag! Lots of nice motion blur, well done!
Day 18, All those faces, very nice take on “stacked”.
Day 19, Very cool shot, the lashes have the feel of feathers and I like the shadow they cast.
Day 20, Great representation for time, and it’s interesting the colors of the older hand.
Day 21, I like how the basket gets smaller like a tunnel and how the light is coming from the upper left. Interesting.
Day 22, The shells are very pretty, nice DOF and I like the angle of the light.
Day 23, Nice composition, I like that you have it up in the air vs. laying down on the table or something. Mine are busy with yarn at the moment.
Day 24, What would we do without cardboard and plastic wrap! Nice composition!
Day 25, Yum!
Day 26, Nice detail, I like how the paper wasn’t completely torn along the stamped line, that some is left hanging from the previous sheet at the top.
IcyAll

Postby IcyAll » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:25 pm

Thanks for the comments, KrysGeo! Late in the day for me - being we're International, EssjayNZ is about to begin round 28 and I finally got my 27 done. :)

Mrs.H, I don't understand the question about a wrap-up - meaning in the regular contest slots here or still in commentary on the same thread or ?
I See
MrsHjort

Postby MrsHjort » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:06 pm

IcyAll wrote:Mrs.H, I don't understand the question about a wrap-up - meaning in the regular contest slots here or still in commentary on the same thread or ?

The contest will run with the other contests on the contest tab. You'd enter your picture into it just like in any other contest, and then we'll vote. If you want to play, cool! But it's totally fine not to participate too, if you're not into that sort of thing :)
To boldly arrrrr where no pirate has steered before :captain:
secretatlantis

Postby secretatlantis » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:55 pm

Ok, I'm in, might as well do one more day to properly play the whole challenge.
insert something clever here
MadamMtnLion

Postby MadamMtnLion » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:15 pm

MrsHjort wrote:The end of the challenge is drawing near. Would you be up for an end competition? All challenge players are welcome :). The rules would be the same as in the challenge - edit your photos however you like. You can enter your favorite from the contest, do a collage och enter an entirely new shot that goes with your challenge. You will have October 1st to enter and the voting starts on the 2nd.

Can I hear a Y!?
Can I hear an E!?
can I hear an S!?

Are you gonna play ...?

I give a Y! E! S! to you... and thank you for doing both the challenge and the contest! You are the greatest MrsHjort :cheer: :waveflag: :yay:
MrsHjort

Postby MrsHjort » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:27 pm

MadamMtnLion wrote:I give a Y! E! S! to you... and thank you for doing both the challenge and the contest! You are the greatest MrsHjort :cheer: :waveflag: :yay:

Aaaaaaw, you're so sweet! :blush: :)

I have to say, this has been one of my favorite challenges yet. The participation has been so great! So many talented people with such inspiring photos. It has been so lovely to connect with you all and enjoy this time together. Thank you to all of you! You have made this challenge amazing :clap:

I promise to catch up on my commenting soon, I've really wanted to keep up each day, but it's been a crazy month for me.
To boldly arrrrr where no pirate has steered before :captain:
IcyAll

Postby IcyAll » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:36 pm

MrsHjort wrote:The contest will run with the other contests on the contest tab. You'd enter your picture into it just like in any other contest, and then we'll vote. If you want to play, cool! But it's totally fine not to participate too, if you're not into that sort of thing :)

Oh, I'm in. ;) And ditto on the thanks. This was a great month. Busy. But great. :) :augh:
I See

Return to “Photography”