Comment thread - 30 Day September Challenge 2019

MrsHjort

Comment thread - 30 Day September Challenge 2019

Postby MrsHjort » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:30 am

If you want to comment on the pictures in the 30 Day September Challenge! You can do so here :D.
To boldly arrrrr where no pirate has steered before :captain:
GwenBriar

Re: Comment thread - 30 Day September Challenge 2019

Postby GwenBriar » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:01 am

Day 1 - What a great start to September. Such beautiful pictures, but omg Underdog, I really really love that kite!
essjaynz

Postby essjaynz » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:03 am

secretatlantis, I love your image I coul almost reach through the screen and pick it :-)
The nifty 50 wide open makes for a great shot. Your link didn't work I got page not found error.
I couldn't use Flickr for a year or three but found the new owners really helpful and they had me back in in no time. Try emailing support they were great.
Whalelight

Postby Whalelight » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:42 am

Day 1:

GwenBriar - I really like how the rays of light are beaming from behind what looks like storm clouds.
NinaPastina- What a view it must have been from up there! (sorry, I couldn't comment in your Flickr, the comment box wasn't visible :( )
IcyAll - lovely blue shades of sky! I spy a dragon in the clouds...
MrsHjort

Postby MrsHjort » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:30 pm

Day 1

essjaynz:
Nice! Beautiful with that sky to contrast the crane. It's going to be fun to see how you interpret the themes each day. You're of to a great start.

Underdog:
That kite was really something! You don't see that every day. Such an imaginative start to you challenge! Well done :)

Whalelight:
Ooooh! That sky is absolutely stunning! I don't think I ever have seen a rainbow from a plane. Gorgeous!

secretatlantis:
Beautiful DoF in this shot! And the break the rules central subject works really well with the apple. It makes me hungry for it. We picked our apples yesterday and they're really yummy :D

Buffmufin:
Gorgeous! What a beautiful landscape. It's like something out of a nature tv-show. What a beautiful start to your challenge (The link works btw :) )

GwenBriar:
I love the light in this, and the unusual way it shines up from the bottom. It almost looks like a foaming ocean wave.

KrysGeo:
I love floral shots! I have done a 30 day challenge in the past that had the same theme, so I look forward to seeing your garden and how you work with it. Beautiful shot today. The lighting and the DoF work really well with the dainty little petals.

NinaPastina:
Wow! I love this! So unusual to see a lift in use without snow (at least where I'm from). Great composition and I love all those details in the sky.

MadamMtnLion:
I love Asia. Mr and I actually got married in Thailand so the east has had a special place in my heart ever since. I really look forward to seeing your pictures. I love the first batch. they really tell a story together.

IcyAll:
Lovely minimalism. Great textures and vivid blue colors. Very romantic looking too. It makes me think of laying in the sun looking up to find shapes in the clouds :)
To boldly arrrrr where no pirate has steered before :captain:
secretatlantis

Postby secretatlantis » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:41 am

Great pictures, a good start for all of you. This week is also the end of my summer break, so rather hectic in getting the logistics of work and play balanced for a smooth "comment workflow".
insert something clever here
kimbomac
Quartermaster

Postby kimbomac » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:15 am

Oh, I so much wish I had the time to play this game this month, but it's just not going to happen, I am afraid!
You guys have all made a great start, and special kudos to those shooting new stuff every day, but I do love the idea of giving older photos a bit of an airing too, and doing some special processing on them...

Great ideas from all of you!

(Wish I could play - runs to the corner to sulk!)
Don't sweat the small stuffs...
:fcheers:

| General FAQ | Effects FAQ | Illustration FAQ | Photography FAQ | Writing FAQ |Brawl FAQ |
IcyAll

Postby IcyAll » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:09 am

Bit shocked I'm up to date! So many people shooting so many pictures, it's wonderful to share! And it gets me motivated to lift my camera!
I See
NinaPastina

Postby NinaPastina » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:40 pm

I think I’m getting the “hang of it”—how to post; how to comment.
This is awfully fun. I loved how Mrs Hjort provided her comments so I’ll give it a try every once in a while (not sure I can comment every day).

Here are my comments on Day 2 photos.

Essjaynz: Love the geometry of the Rust shot. Very symmetrical. The rust and the blue tones go so well together!

MrsHjort: The church looks massive. I would never have had the nerve to climb to the top! You captured it very well showing how large it really is. The bike rider adds scale and the “lean” of the tower shows how high up the top is.

Underdog: I love rusty old cars. The patina on this one is marvelous! The original blue color combined with the silver and rust are beautiful together. I especially like the old license plate—it adds a whole other dimension to the photo. Very symmetrical—tough to do standing in a field!

Whalelight: I love this one. The shapes of the lock/hinge and the horizontal lines on the left are a great composition! The light on the lock is wonderful.

SecretAtlantis: Several years back I participated in a Worth 30 day challenge. I had just purchased a 50 mm 1.4 and shot with that all month—just like you’re doing. It was fun and challenging. I love the rubber ducky. The colors are superb and the square frame is perfect.

Buffmufin: I so want to go to Tanzania! Some day. It’s awesome to see your most excellent shots from there. The leopard is fantastic. The light on him really draws the viewer into him. I love that he’s not sleeping and you can see his eyes! If you get a chance, it would be fun to know what settings you used for some of your shots—just how close to him are you?

GwenBriar: I’m not exactly sure what that rust-colored thing is. But…I keep looking at it trying to figure it out—you have successfully made me (the viewer) look at your photo for a long time!

KrysGeo: How wonderfully lucky you are that you have such a perfect spot to capture the star trails. This is just stunning! I love the silhouettes of the trees, flagpole, and structures. Those plus the light in the window really gives a great sense of place.

Madame MtnLion: So fun to go back and relive your trip through your wonderful photos!

IcyAll: The combination of colors (brown, green, white, rust) are wonderful. Vetical shot is perfect for this climbing vine.
GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:30 pm

Day 3 - secretatlantis I love those flowers and the way you photographed them.

KrysGeo what a great shot of the stars! What is that dotted line across the center?

MadamMtnLion I am also very much enjoying your pictures of places I have never seen. Thank you!

Return to “Photography”