September 30 day photo challenge?

NinaPastina

Re: September 30 day photo challenge?

Postby NinaPastina » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:28 pm

Can I play too? Your list looks like fun...can I use that also?

And...if I remember, it has to be shots you take during September...no shoeboxing, right?

THANKS!

Nina
MrsHjort

Postby MrsHjort » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:10 pm

NinaPastina wrote:Can I play too? Your list looks like fun...can I use that also?

And...if I remember, it has to be shots you take during September...no shoeboxing, right?

Of course you can! The more the merrier! Glad to have you! :cheer:

Regarding your question, we'll keep it relaxed so that more people can join in on the fun. You can either shoot a picture a day (just like these challenges have worked traditionally), or, if you have a batch of old photos that need editing, you can use them and edit one shoeboxed picture a day instead. It's all up to you how much you want to do and either variety is fine. Do whatever you want with your shots (as long as it's your own original work), the sky is the limit! The idea is to enjoy the process and create a portfolio that you can be proud of. Also, should you miss a day (or two if you're away one weekend) you can still continue the challenge, as long as you catch up with the days you miss.

Also, if there's interest I am sure I can charm one of our kind quartermasters into setting up an end contest for us :)
To boldly arrrrr where no pirate has steered before :captain:
Buffmufin

Postby Buffmufin » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:22 pm

NinaPastina wrote:Can I play too? Your list looks like fun...can I use that also?

THANKS!

Nina

Wow, a face from the past!! Of course you can play too, and you can be one of the "Cali Girls" (3 of us from California did a 30-day challenge this way with advanced prompts several years ago and someone dubbed us the "Cali Girls".

See MrsHjort's comment re how to do it..... "rule" wise! :)
NinaPastina

Postby NinaPastina » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:28 pm

YES!! I'd be proud to be a
"Cali girl". (We will be traveling in California for about 6 weeks next spring so perhaps this will be my introduction to the California life!).

And...it's funny...but I was recently wondering if you (Buffmufin) were still around. Glad to see you're still here!
Buffmufin

Postby Buffmufin » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:07 pm

NinaPastina wrote:YES!! I'd be proud to be a
"Cali girl". (We will be traveling in California for about 6 weeks next spring so perhaps this will be my introduction to the California life!).

And...it's funny...but I was recently wondering if you (Buffmufin) were still around. Glad to see you're still here!

How sweet! I haven't been around here much..... other things come into and out of my life. :) But MadamMtnLion sort of twisted my arm (another of the original Cali Girls), so I'll give it a shot, if I can. Former Worthians are a great bunch of people...... it's fun to do something with them again!!

Let me know when you're in California next year!
KrysGeo

Postby KrysGeo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:24 pm

I would like to join in, MadamMtnLion suggested and it sounds like fun. :cheer: I'm new to Dagger Bay so I've got some learning to do on how the website works and such.
MrsHjort

Postby MrsHjort » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:23 am

KrysGeo wrote:I would like to join in, MadamMtnLion suggested and it sounds like fun. :cheer: I'm new to Dagger Bay so I've got some learning to do on how the website works and such.

You're very welcome to join us! You're now on the list of players :dance:

On September 1st I'll post a new thread where we all can share our photos. If you have questions about the challenge, or anything about the site really, I'm happy to answer them :).
secretatlantis

Postby secretatlantis » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:42 am

Still thinking about it ...
insert something clever here
MrsHjort

Postby MrsHjort » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:48 am

secretatlantis wrote:Still thinking about it ...

I really hope you'll join us. I love your style of photography and we'd miss you if you didn't :)
MadamMtnLion

Postby MadamMtnLion » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:57 pm

Tick Tock - tick tock ... the date is approaching, lest anyone might possibly forget :0

Return to “Photography”