Comment thread - 30 Day June Challenge 2018

MrsHjort
Quartermaster

Re: Comment thread - 30 Day June Challenge 2018

Postby MrsHjort » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:50 am

Day 7

Xania:
Wow you nailed this one! It's so gorgeous! All those little details in the droplets.. WOW! A real beauty!

secretatlantis:
Nice one. I know one or two people who would need a postcard like that. I like how you've framed it with the tree in the background.

Lmorrow57:
Up close it almost looks like some mossy trea trunk... Nice one :)

egonlinden:
I like the lighing in the pipe shot. It makes their shapes come out very well. Another lovely shot of the Lilly and the way you've lit the other flower (whose name I do not know) is very cool. Well done.

Defyaugury:
Green light, time to go :D. Nice shot. I like the way you edit the colors of your photos. I makes them look slightly other worldly in a very attractive way.

Day 8

GwenBriar:
Nicely framed and composed with a vanishing point to the right. A pity about the weather. Overcast days do murder on photos.
To boldly arrrrr where no pirate has steered before :captain:

| General FAQ | Effects FAQ | Illustration FAQ | Photography FAQ | Writing FAQ | 3D FAQ | Brawl FAQ | BotS FAQ |
Lmorrow57

Postby Lmorrow57 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:43 pm

Thanks for asking for the labels gwenbriar....I did not think of it and I knew folks would ask
MrsHjort
Quartermaster

Postby MrsHjort » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:24 am

Uhoh! Where did pietopper go? :cry:

Day 8

Xania:
Another great macro with excellent focus. All those little tiny details are marvelous to see. Excellent! Nicely composed too, and the background complements the subject very well.

secretatlantis:
Oooh yum! We got our first wild strawberries a few days ago too. I am amazed at the quality you get using your phone, especially the dof in this.

Lmorrow57:
This looks so familiar to me. It reminds me of the times when we went camping back when I was a kid. I think one of the fold up chairs we used to bring had a pattern very similar to this. Happy memories :). Nice closeup. It brings out the texture very well and the pattern looks good composed like this too.

egonlinden:
So gritty and dirty and yet somehow it's pleasing to look at. You really did a great job on the composition. Lovely closeup of the ground level foliage. It looks a lot like some of the flowerbeds in my garden. The high key closeups are marvelous! Especially the macro one. Excellent focus!

Defyaugury:
So lovely! Another shot of your workplace? Gorgeous composition and such happy bubbly colors. This shot practically screams "summer" to me. I love it!

Day 9

GwenBriar:
My jaw dropped to the flow when I saw this... Snow in June?! Where are you from? Are you for real?! Or is it some kind of fluffy seeds? A really cool shot, for sure!

| General FAQ | Effects FAQ | Illustration FAQ | Photography FAQ | Writing FAQ | 3D FAQ | Brawl FAQ | BotS FAQ |
Xania

Postby Xania » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:14 pm

I had nothing decent to post today. :wtf:
MrsHjort
Quartermaster

Postby MrsHjort » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:31 pm

Xania wrote:I had nothing decent to post today. :wtf:

Don't put yourself down. Your shot is definitely better than "decent"! I like the colors and the textures. Elegant and noticeable. Vey nice :cheers:

:cheer:

pietopper

Postby pietopper » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:47 am

MrsHjort wrote:Uhoh! Where did pietopper go? :cry:

Apologies. Visit from grandson. All else pushed to out of focus background.
You write about the moon, but you're wrong about the stars.
MrsHjort
Quartermaster

Postby MrsHjort » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:11 am

Day 9

secretatlantis:
Oh how marvelous! I love how your background and foreground tell a story together. One of your best ones yet :)

Lmorrow57:
I love the textures of paint. Faded paint especially, or oil paintings where the surface is bumpy. Nice find :)

egonlinden:
I like the pipes today, and the back view of the flower is interesting. You don't usually see a subject like that from this angle. I almost makes it look like something else, like som kind of brush or a tassel. The high key shot of the leaf is very nice too, nice angle.

Defyaugury:
I love your double exposure shots. I agree that the museum one is the best. The shadow and texture is a nice touch. Very nice!

Day 10

GwenBriar
Wow, you almost hade me :). I've never seen anything like it though. Sometimes it's "snowing" Dandelion seeds here, but it's no where near what you showed us yesterday. Thank you for sharing!

Xania

Postby Xania » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:53 am

Wow, so great pictures today.
Mrs Hjort, the bee ist just posing perfectly.
Defyaugury, that is great and looks like a lot of work.
Defyaugury
Quartermaster

Postby Defyaugury » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:08 pm

Xania wrote:Wow, so great pictures today.
Mrs Hjort, the bee ist just posing perfectly.
Defyaugury, that is great and looks like a lot of work.

Thanks, Xania, I have a tutorial on how I do this in effects tutorial section...

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1252
I have no idea what I'm doing... But it hasn't stopped me yet.
secretatlantis

Postby secretatlantis » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:14 pm

I'm so sorry for not commenting the past days as I really thought I would manage if only I started from day 01. What I did not know was that the week would turn out to be super busy due to some activities/work that were so much more time consuming than anticipated. Next week will be just like it so for now all I can say is that I do see your work and I wish there was a way to comment on individual images in retrospective. Since they are replaced every day it's hard to remember who showed what on which day.
insert something clever here

Return to “Photography”