Preview issue...

Wavdude

Preview issue...

Postby Wavdude » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:24 pm

Forgive me as Ive been out of the game for awhile but when I upload a B/W image for a contest the preview looks fine but after I submit it looks completely washed out. It only does this on black and white submissions. Is it something in the way I'm saving the file? thanks in advance
Someone who thinks logically, provides a nice contrast to the real world
MrsHjort

Re: Preview issue...

Postby MrsHjort » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:32 am

Hmm. I have never encountered that. What file format are you using? I always upload in jpeg and that seems to work. It's also worth mentioning that the longest side of a picture shouldn't be longer than 2400 px if you want to avoid compression.
To boldly arrrrr where no pirate has steered before :captain:
Wavdude

Postby Wavdude » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:28 pm

i always upload in jpeg format but i believe i figured it out. when I do, file-Save AS, and upload to the contest the preview is very white washed but if I go, file-export-save for web i don't seem to have a problem. weird that it only happens with B/W though. Thanks for the response
Someone who thinks logically, provides a nice contrast to the real world
mickey2bagz
Quartermaster

Postby mickey2bagz » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:41 am

Wavdude wrote:i always upload in jpeg format but i believe i figured it out. when I do, file-Save AS, and upload to the contest the preview is very white washed but if I go, file-export-save for web i don't seem to have a problem. weird that it only happens with B/W though. Thanks for the response

I always use 'save for web' for DB contest entries and never had an issue with uploads. Glad you are sorted now! :)

Return to “Photography”