Calendar Corsair Challenge Scores

mickey2bagz
Quartermaster

Re: Calendar Corsair Challenge Scores

Postby mickey2bagz » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:47 am

The December results are in folks! Secretatlantis takes the Gold with a very fitting and festive entry 'Happy Holidays'. The brilliant 'December Sun' scoops Silver for GwenBriar and a beautiful burst of colour wins the Bronze for essjaynz. Only 5 entries this month, well done guys.

It's been a fantastic Calendar Challenge year with so many great entries all round. The scoring has reflected the diverse talents of the entrants with many different styles of photography taking the trophies. This is displayed very much in the December placings with the Gold and Silver showing two quite different but equally wonderful images. It's the essence of the DaggerBay community of artists coming together and sharing their skills. Well done to everybody for taking part in the Challenge including the people who did not manage to complete the 12 months. MrsHjort has been unable to enter this month and has asked me not to give her an average score.

The final results are here, congratulations to the 2019 Calendar Corsair Challenge winner secretatlantis :yay: :yay: :yay:

MrsHjort

Postby MrsHjort » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:24 am

Congratualtions secretatlantis! So well deserved! I have loved your series this year, so elegant in your usual creative style and well executed, as always! Well done!
:cheer:
To boldly arrrrr where no pirate has steered before :captain:
kimbomac
Quartermaster

Postby kimbomac » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:21 am

Well done, Secretatlantis. It's been many years since I tried this calendar challenge, but I know how difficult it is to maintain that constant level of quality output every month to a specific theme for a calendar, but you have done a fabulous job!

Very well done!
K.
Don't sweat the small stuffs...
:fcheers:

| General FAQ | Effects FAQ | Illustration FAQ | Photography FAQ | Writing FAQ |Brawl FAQ |
secretatlantis

Postby secretatlantis » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:45 am

Thank you Natalie & Kim, even though it does not feel like a real win considering the sad event that made Natalie step back so near to the finish of the challenge.
insert something clever here
MrsHjort

Postby MrsHjort » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:20 am

secretatlantis wrote:Thank you Natalie & Kim, even though it does not feel like a real win considering the sad event that made Natalie step back so near to the finish of the challenge.

Oh my dear Marga, of course it should! You really made an awesome calendar! I had plenty of opportunities to shoot something and enter it into the December contest, but my heart just wasn't in it. Call it laziness, sorrow or whatever, I still could have entered if I really wanted to. It would simply not have felt right for me to win when people like yourself have made it all the way. You're the winner, no doubt about it! And you deserve it, don't you think anything else!
:cheer:
To boldly arrrrr where no pirate has steered before :captain:

Return to “Photography”