Photo editing thingy!

MrsHjort

Photo editing thingy!

Postby MrsHjort » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:32 am

Hi guys, I just got home from a trip and have a gazillion photos to edit, and I thought it might be more fun to dig into if I had some sort of extra motivation to keep me going. So, I'm gonna challenge myself and start posting a picture a day come the 1st of May and keep on going for as long as I have photos left to edit.

Feel like joining me? Feel free to do so, the more the merrier and you're very welcome to, but no stress, and feel free to jump in at any time. This is simply a relaxed informal photo editing and showing thingy :cheers:
To boldly arrrrr where no pirate has steered before :captain:
mickey2bagz
Quartermaster

Re: Photo editing thingy?

Postby mickey2bagz » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:32 am

MrsHjort wrote:Hi guys, I just got home from a trip and have a gazillion photos to edit, and I thought it might be more fun to dig into if I had some sort of extra motivation to keep me going. So, I'm gonna challenge myself and start posting a picture a day come the 1st of May and keep on going for as long as I have photos left to edit.

Feel like joining me? Feel free to do so, the more the merrier and you're very welcome to, but no stress, and feel free to jump in at any time. This is simply a relaxed informal photo editing and showing thingy :cheers:

I'll look forward to seeing what you've been up to! :)
I've not been anywhere this year yet, I won't be able keep up with a daily challenge but I'll try to add a few. :cheers:
MrsHjort

Re: Photo editing thingy!

Postby MrsHjort » Thu May 02, 2019 2:38 pm

My days in Rome

Find all of my Rome photos at my blog, here.

Day 68 - From Rome with Love

Now we've finally reached the end. These are the last of my Rome photos. Wow... I've never done a 68 day challenge before. I once did a 30 day challenge of photos and then started a 30 day challenge of drawing comic strips but this one tops even that. It has been a lot of fun reliving Rome through photo editing and blogging. I've really enjoyed googling all the places I've visited and finding out even more about them. It has almost been like taking the trip again, and I think I'm actually gonna continue doing this, just after a bit of a break - since it's summer I'm taking a few weeks off work, and when I come back I'll hopefully have another batch of photos to edit.

Today's top shot is of a clock that is powered by water. Notice the scale in its bottom part? That's what makes it tick - the small scale shifts from side to side as water flows to one side and fills it up and then the other.

The bottom shot is the perfect end to my challenge, actually they both are - a clock powered by nature to run forever symbolizing "eternity" and the couple in the bottom shot kissing by the pond... Rome is a very old city - a city of forever - and as I traveled there I grew to love it, just as so many others who have traveled there before me have. So, it's time to say goodbye to the city of unending time with warmth and affection. To say goodbye to Rome with love...

I'll be back in August :)

Ps. A warm thank you to all of you who have followed me these past months. You rock!

A special thank you to all who have taken the time to comment and write to me. I appreciate all of your kind words and the support you've given me. Without you I wouldn't have made it for so long!

Also a super special thank you to Bob, who have brightened all of my days with his kind and witty comments. You are the best, sarge! Never change :)

1027.jpg
1027.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 119 times

1029.jpg
1029.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 119 times
pixelpusher
Quartermaster

Postby pixelpusher » Sun May 05, 2019 11:31 am

just to let you know : I not only have been enjoying the images BUT the narrative as well. Indeed every image has a story
GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Mon May 06, 2019 9:07 pm

A is for Awesome and Amazing, also Amusing. I love seeing new things, and especially appreciate your explanations. :cheer:
MrsHjort

Postby MrsHjort » Wed May 15, 2019 12:52 pm

Thank you so much for your support and your kindness. It really motivates me to keep going. :cheers:
pixelpusher
Quartermaster

Postby pixelpusher » Wed May 15, 2019 2:06 pm

UUhhmmm

I tend to look at the images before I read. Today I thought Gee she didn't want to lug a tripod around but she brought a drone along.
Great view points . Looks quite hilly there hope you took a lot of taxi's.
MrsHjort

Postby MrsHjort » Wed May 15, 2019 3:12 pm

pixelpusher wrote:I tend to look at the images before I read. Today I thought Gee she didn't want to lug a tripod around but she brought a drone along.
Great view points . Looks quite hilly there hope you took a lot of taxi's.

Thanks :). Rome is a very easy city to get around in on foot. All the must see sights are within walking distance if you're staying in the city center, and walking between them is mostly flat. So there's no need for taxis or busses :).
MyMindsEye

Postby MyMindsEye » Wed May 15, 2019 9:14 pm

MrsHjort wrote:My days in Rome

Find all of my Rome photos at my blog, here.

Day 13, 14 and 15 - The View

Sorry again, it's been... I guess "hard" is the right word... these past few days and I haven't had the time or energy to do my daily shots. Like I said when I started this; I've been on medication during our trip. Coming home I had to taper it down, since my doctors don't want me on it, and as a good compliant patient I tried my hardest to do so...

Going to Rome and realizing what I am supposed to feel like - having the energy I used to have before I got sick, being able to take walks again etcetera... spoiled me... is that the right word? I don't know... I don't really have a word for it but tapering back down to zero meds became extremely hard once I had a reference to what I should feel like. My health has declined so slowly over so long a time I hadn't really noticed how bad it had gotten. Going from being an ordinary person, to a person that feels super tired and confused all the time no matter how much I sleep, to being short of breath again, to having aching joints and super dry skin... I just couldn't... how could anyone? When you know that one little pill can make you feel so much better?

Anyway I contacted my doctor and he made me promise to try to go back to a minimal dose, so that's what I've been trying to do these past weeks, but it just didn't do it for me. I felt a tad better than before, sure, but feeling a tad less like something the cat dragged in is was way short of being on an acceptable level. Yesterday I gave up and went back up a dose, and now I feel like a human being again. A wonderful feeling, something you only understand if you've been chronically ill yourself. A healthy person can endure much when they fall ill because they know that it will pass, but imagine it being never ending... Anyway, I just wanted to explain why I've been missing a few days lately, and wow did it turn out way longer than I planned...

So... these shots are of the view from Terrazza delle Quadrighe. In the first picture you'll see the roof of the Panteon, and behind it to the right the Supreme Court. The second picture shows the Roman Forum and the third is of the Colosseum of course.

You also get a bonus shot today. It's of a seagull that landed right on top of the telescope that Mr was looking through. He I didn't even realize it was sitting there until I told him to look up haha. Boy did he freak out! I didn't get a shot of it actually sitting there though, that would have been too funny.

1000.jpg

1002.jpg

1003.jpg

1004.jpg

Another fine batch of images, Nat. :cheers:
When I was young, my mom would watch travel logs on tv and I would be facinated with the exotic locals. This, to me, is reminicent of those times only with new technology. Funny, I never realized why I find such images alluring. Hope your feeling better soon and able to find strength and energy sufficient to continue Your Travel Log. I think its great stuff! :clap:
:no: Be chary of giving advice. Wise men don't need it, Fools won't heed it. - MmE
GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:37 pm

Those purple (pink?) flowering trees look like Crape Myrtle.
I have loved this series of photos! Turned some friends on to it too. It is much more fun to see a personal log than an article in a magazine. :D

Return to “Photography”