Enhancements Wish List

What is this site and, more importantly, what should it be?
Buffmufin

Re: Enhancements Wish List

Postby Buffmufin » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:06 pm

I know it's on the original list, and that DM has lots of other things to worry about, but I really *wish* we had a way to reply to comments on our entries more easily than clicking on the person's name, then sending them a private message. Other than that, we have no way of allowing a person to know we see their comment and appreciate it, or can answer a question posed more directly. Having the ability to respond on the entry comments page (and notify the person to whom we are responding) itself would allow more of a community feel; right now, no one knows if anyone has responded on various entries unless they go back to each entry to check, and then, a lot of people, including myself, comment directly to the commenter to let them know that we have seen their comment and appreciate their taking the time to give it.

Right now, there seems to be little communications in the forums, so at least allowing some interaction via the comments would be nice, and would show that we appreciate them and create more of a community feel.

Thank you.

PS. Thank you all for the blingies! :)

PPS. Also, I've been fortunate recently to get many comments/blings on entries (no complaints there), and it's very hard for me to figure out if I've already responded to them when I look at my entry photos after a few days. I have to go check my "sent" mail to see if I sent something out. Having a Reply option on the comments section of an entry would definitely allow me to see if I've commented, and the ability for all to see answers to comments and questions on all entries.
Shorra
Quartermaster

Postby Shorra » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:18 am

Our fearless leader has crossed off a few more of the enhancements on our wish list, including the one from Buffmufin above :D

- Comments on contest entries can now be edited, quoted and blinged. The ability to like/heart them is being worked on.
- The main menu bar (Home, Forums, Main Deck, etc.) now stays at the top of the user screen on most pages.
- A slight redesign of the Album and Contest entry pages.

More enhancements are on the way as DM works his way through our list :cheer:

Happy Holidays everyone!! :fcheers:
Buffmufin

Postby Buffmufin » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:19 am

Woohoo!!!! Thanks, DM!!!
Shorra
Quartermaster

Postby Shorra » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:20 am

It's been a year now and Devilmoon has added a ton of enhancements from our list in the first post. Thanks DM!!!! :cheer:

With a new year and our Grand Opening I've cleaned up that first post, removing all the stuff that DM has implemented.

Keep those enhancement ideas coming, folks, and thanks again to all of you who continue to support our amazing site!!! :wave: :dance: :clap:
Morporkian

Postby Morporkian » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:11 pm

I'd like to see the text colour of links more of a contrast/different colour from the standard text. Not a biggie but would be helpful :cheers:
Shorra
Quartermaster

Postby Shorra » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:44 pm

Morporkian wrote:I'd like to see the text colour of links more of a contrast/different colour from the standard text. Not a biggie but would be helpful :cheers:

Me too, I tend to also underscore my links so they stand out more. I've added it to the main list :cheers:
MyMindsEye

Postby MyMindsEye » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:50 am

Buffmufin wrote:I know it's on the original list, and that DM has lots of other things to worry about, but I really *wish* we had a way to reply to comments on our entries more easily than clicking on the person's name, then sending them a private message. Other than that, we have no way of allowing a person to know we see their comment and appreciate it, or can answer a question posed more directly. Having the ability to respond on the entry comments page (and notify the person to whom we are responding) itself would allow more of a community feel; right now, no one knows if anyone has responded on various entries unless they go back to each entry to check, and then, a lot of people, including myself, comment directly to the commenter to let them know that we have seen their comment and appreciate their taking the time to give it.

Right now, there seems to be little communications in the forums, so at least allowing some interaction via the comments would be nice, and would show that we appreciate them and create more of a community feel.

Thank you.

PS. Thank you all for the blingies! :)

PPS. Also, I've been fortunate recently to get many comments/blings on entries (no complaints there), and it's very hard for me to figure out if I've already responded to them when I look at my entry photos after a few days. I have to go check my "sent" mail to see if I sent something out. Having a Reply option on the comments section of an entry would definitely allow me to see if I've commented, and the ability for all to see answers to comments and questions on all entries.

:huh: Any update on this feature? :shrug:
This would be a terrific enhancement that should be given a bump on the list (IMHO) :cheers:
:no: Be chary of giving advice. Wise men don't need it, Fools won't heed it. - MmE
pamelap
Quartermaster

Postby pamelap » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:59 pm

MyMindsEye wrote:

:huh: Any update on this feature? :shrug:
This would be a terrific enhancement that should be given a bump on the list (IMHO) :cheers:

Comments on contest entries can be edited, quoted (they will be notified) and blinged. This was implemented back in December - see the post above ^ from Shorra » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:18 am :)
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.

| General FAQ | Effects FAQ | Illustration FAQ | Photography FAQ | Writing FAQ | 3D FAQ | Brawl FAQ | BotS FAQ |
Skyangel

Postby Skyangel » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:18 pm

Is there a way to reply to individual blings? :huh:
MsgtBob

Postby MsgtBob » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:28 pm

Skyangel wrote:Is there a way to reply to individual blings? :huh:

If you click on the bling, it opens up showing who gave it and any comments, Just click on the person and it opens their profile page so you can send them a PM if you wish. :)
Aargh!

Return to “What Is This?”