Slow Moderation

What is this site and, more importantly, what should it be?
LetItBeFun

Slow Moderation

Postby LetItBeFun » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:09 pm

In Bonus: Surreal Colors there are plenty of non compliant entries (read the Photography FAQ, what is allowed in Bonus contests -- "the result has to remain photo-realistic").

This is clearly not the case with at least 5 composed entries which got flagged soon after the contest was launched. These entries still remain in the contest and mislead voters, which I think is quite unfair to all who compete according to the rules.

It's even more disturbing that three of the offending entries have obviously been created by a moderator -- are there two different sets of rules on the board now?

Creativity ends with satisfaction

mickey2bagz
Quartermaster

Re: Slow Moderation

Postby mickey2bagz » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:59 pm

Thanks for your concerns, we do appreciate that.

Sorry for the seemingly slow moderation, we have been discussing the flags since they were added. We care about fairness and we always take notice of flags even though members can't see us doing so. We have QMs in different time zones which means we can't jump in and make a decision based on who is around and awake to discuss in European time.

So then, regarding the 'Surreal Colours' contest flags. If this were a normal 'Advanced' rules contest the flags would be valid without question. However, this is not a normal 'Advanced' contest, it is a 'Bonus' contest where normal editing allowances may vary. Reading and quoting from the Photo rules:
"Bonus Contests may allow you to use methods or techniques that are not allowed by default. If the rules differ from the ordinary ones in any way, it will be stated so in the contest description."

In this particular case the contest description states:
"Feel free to adjust with photoshop as needed"

No further constraints are mentioned, so in this case no further constraints exist. Therefore, after much discussion, we have made a decision that the flagged entries shall stand.
LetItBeFun

Slow mderation

Postby LetItBeFun » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:20 am

Your argument is blatently unfair, period:

"Give us bright ultra surreal colors Lets go off the spectrum.
Feel free to adjust with photoshop as needed"

If I read this, I think sentence two relates to sentence one: it is not needed to photograph of colors, but you're allowed to twist them with photoshop.

If this ruling stands, I'm done with Daggerbay.

Creativity ends with satisfaction

Return to “What Is This?”