The Inaugural Cross Deck Calendar Corsair's Challenge - January - Congratulations Shorra!

You wanna start somethin', swabbie?
Shorra
Quartermaster

The Inaugural Cross Deck Calendar Corsair's Challenge - January - Congratulations Shorra!

Postby Shorra » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:14 pm

For this contest, which will run throughout 2017, we're asking you to create a cohesive set of 12 images, one each month, that could be used as a calendar.

PLAYERS: Shorra, pamelap, JenniferRehnay, Defyaugury, bajazet, ilovedinosaurs7, Manosart, Dr. Illusion, GwenBriar, Musicman30141, cyberhomer, Squiddles, sarirus, MadameThenadier and ChrisEll.

TYPE: Cross Deck Calendar Corsair Challenge
THEME: Open Theme
SIGNUP DEADLINE: Sunday, January 29th. After this date no other members may join.
SUBMIT DATES: Each contest will be posted and open for submit on the first of each month and will run until the last day of the month.
VOTING DURATION: 3 days

MEDIUM:
You can create your images as Photo-manipulations, Illustrations, 3D images or a combination of those. (Note that the Photography Deck is running their own Calendar Challenge so please head over here if you'd like to create using your own photos).

Once you've selected your medium all of your images must be in that medium. For example, if your January entry is an illustration, your remaining 11 monthly entries must also be Illustrations.

THEME:
You can choose any theme you wish, but you must stick to it. Your 12 images should all be related somehow.

THE WINNER:
The winner of this challenge is the player with the highest average score of all the twelve months combined and will win a very special trophy to add to their Achievements Page. All players must submit one entry every month into all of the twelve contests (limited to one entry per contest), otherwise they're out and will no longer be eligible to win the challenge. Failure to submit will give you a zero score for the month in question. So make sure you have the time and commitment it takes to make it before signing up.

SIGNUP:
If you want to join the fun, let us know in this thread. The last day to signup is January 29th.

Standard Deck rules apply (no gore, hate images, etc). We are however waiving the rules about not using 3D in an illustration, etc. Mix and merge away!
Shorra
Quartermaster

Re: Join The Inaugural Cross Deck Calendar Corsair's Challenge!!!

Postby Shorra » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:18 pm

I'll start it off by signing up for this one. Avast, ye scurvy dogs, who's brave enough to join me?!?!? :fcheers:
pamelap
Quartermaster

Postby pamelap » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:02 pm

Shorra wrote:I'll start it off by signing up for this one. Avast, ye scurvy dogs, who's brave enough to join me?!?!? :fcheers:

I'm a brave Aussie, so I'll be joinin' ya! :cheers:
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.

| General FAQ | Effects FAQ | Illustration FAQ | Photography FAQ | Writing FAQ | 3D FAQ | Brawl FAQ | BotS FAQ |
JenniferRehnay

Postby JenniferRehnay » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:31 pm

This is basically how I see this going for me.

So, I'm terrified but I'm on board.
Always more glowies. Never not more glowies.
| INPRNT Gallery | Facebook |
Shorra
Quartermaster

Postby Shorra » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:44 pm

Haha re: that video! Perfect :) But based on what I've seen of your past work I'm crazy excited to see what you produce for this contest!!! :augh:

You've been added :cheer:
Defyaugury
Quartermaster

Postby Defyaugury » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:08 pm

Sign me up... I'm game
I have no idea what I'm doing... But it hasn't stopped me yet.
bajazet
Quartermaster

Postby bajazet » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:53 am

Sign me up, please! :)
ilovedinosaurs7

Postby ilovedinosaurs7 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:55 pm

Hmmm... I think I might be able put my talents to work here... Or at least what little I have. :shrug:
There's not a lawyer in this world that's too fat that T. rex couldn't swallow him whole.
-Peter R. Larson
President, Black Hills Institute of Geological Research
GwenBriar

Postby GwenBriar » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:52 pm

I sincerely would like to know: What is the purpose of signing up for this sort of contest? And: What does "All standard deck rules apply" mean? When it says above "or a combination of those."
Shorra
Quartermaster

Postby Shorra » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:03 pm

GwenBriar wrote:I sincerely would like to know: What is the purpose of signing up for this sort of contest? And: What does "All standard deck rules apply" mean? When it says above "or a combination of those."

Hi Gwen. The purpose of the signup is to get commitment now to create an image every month throughout the year. It's a 2017 year long challenge! So people won't be allowed to join mid-year.

The "All Standard Deck Rules Apply" means no excessive gore, no hate images, no children without a model release... that type of thing.
The rules like not using 3D in an Illustration don't apply here. I've just changed the original post and removed the word "all" because, as you pointed out, we're waiving some of them for this contest.

Hopefully that answers your questions! :cheers:

Return to “Brawls”