Contest Ideas

SnowCrasher

Contest Ideas

Postby SnowCrasher » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:06 am

Can't leave this place to be all empty!
Post contest theme suggestions here.

I suggest a snow or ice sculpture (I say sculpture but it could be a simple snowman). If you don't have snow in your area, you can shave the ice off your freezer!

Of course, there's the whole Pirate theme going on throughout the whole site now too, so perhaps Build a Ship in any material or size would be fun too.
Godz

Re: Contest Ideas

Postby Godz » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:33 pm

Back in the days I was a great fan of the audio contests.
So, once again, I'd like to hammer on that nail :)

Other favourites:
-Animated GIF's (the new set of emoticons? Fan avatars?))
-Can art (we all use cans, almost every day, and throw them away. But what if we reused them?)
-Did I forget to mention the Audio contests?
Last edited by Godz on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
MyMindsEye

Postby MyMindsEye » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:32 pm

Ok, Somebody said "Out of the Box"Photo Contests, so....... How bout a spin on the FOOD theme, only this time, its your favorite dish and it includes your recipe!
So....dig through your book, folder,file boxes or any pile of gastro-delights you may have, then, whip it up and take a magazine worthy shot and submit it with the recipe.
Judging focus is solely "The Image" of course, but the inclusion of the recipe shows great thought/effort to the presentation of your work.
I have no idea the reward(s) for such a fete but think of the admiration of all the foodies and those who have no idea :huh: what to have for dinner tonight would be awesome. :shrug:
:no: Be chary of giving advice. Wise men don't need it, Fools won't heed it. - MmE
Gwenhwyfar

Postby Gwenhwyfar » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:26 pm

How about origami, furoshiki, toilet paper folding, paper art, towel art and or napkin folding?
I love my computer because my friends live in it.
:clap:
HeyDoofus

Postby HeyDoofus » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:58 pm

Contests based on the specific materials, only allowing those set out in the rules. For example
A3 Card - make something from only one sheet of card. Tape or glue allowed, pencils, paint etc OK. Nothing else!
CD - make something from one CD (or a specified maximum number, like 5). Tape or glue allowed, pencils, paint etc OK.
Paper bag(s). Tape or glue allowed, pencils, paint etc OK.
Make something from one apple
Drinking straws.

ETC. Etc.
Nothing exceeds like excess

Return to “Multimedia”