Collaboration

Discuss anything you like... except politics, religion and so forth.
Underdog

Collaboration

Postby Underdog » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:44 am

Hello all,

I think I've earned the right to be heard. I'm a charter member, active since December 27, 2015. Number 28 on the Hall Of Fame, heavy in community spirit. I have Devilmoon's permission to post this.

Ok here's the deal. I'm going to just come out with it publicly. My wife as Frontotemporal Dementia and we are basically homebound recluses.
This was when I first started to notice something was wrong:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=129&p=4732#p4732

She was struggling with symmetry and soon lost her perception of shading. She struggled with concentrating, short term memory, decision making and following a chain of thought. Presently, her long term memory is fairly good, she is in good spirits and is very insightful.

What we miss the most is being active and productive. It's hard to understand what we're going through; it's one of those things you'd almost have to experience. It takes me hours to explain her disease and family and friends still don't get it.

Not asking for sympathy, just trying to explain in context what it is that I am requesting. I have been my wife's 24/7 caregiver for over a year and haven't earned a paycheck in that time. For so long now, I have been convinced that there is a way for me to work from home. For years I've seen the works of digital and paint artists. I can still remember one of the first most startlingly striking Photoshop images I saw on Worth1000, a fox mixed in with a group of fox hounds. It was so entertaining and inspiring. I knew there was potential with this medium.

I have also seen so many fantastic photographic images that I know just sit on computers. They collect their 'likes' and then drift away. I think that is so sad when the stock image companies try to scam photographers out of such beautiful photographs for pennies, and not their real worth. TerryLea offered her images to me for free just because she was that sort of person. She passed away before we could figure out how exactly to accomplish our first project together but she saw the worth of some of my ideas.

Anyone who has paid attention to my presence here on Dagger Bay knows that I value collaboration. I see the possibilities of team efforts. I've seen the talent here on this forum and have been envious. I'm more of an ideas guy. I have files upon files of intricate, complicated pipe dreams and grandiose schemes. I call them significant ideas. My goal is to bring products to the marketplace.

But I have some simple easy to complete projects too. These projects could be completed in a short amount of time. Each project is individual and copyrightable and can't be stolen off the net.

But some of my concepts require my own photo-editing skills and I am a workhorse. I'm not looking for people to work for me. I'm looking for creative collaborators, partners. Not only to partner with me, but an opportunity to get to know others that fit with your skill set. I'm not looking to be on the top of a pyramid scheme, I'm looking to facilitate for each of you. I am willing to dedicate myself to your success.

I would like to connect with others that may have similar dreams as me. It's going to be very necessary that I find some way to make money from home soon. I'm committed and won't change my mind. I know most of you are very satisfied with your lives and would have no interest in such an endeavor. Cool.

Anyone who PM's me, I will give you one of my many inspirations in order to convince you of the legitimacy of my ideas. I will also show you a few of my more successful collaborations. Here is one of them: entryshow.php?e=9069
It's a digitized painting that can be printed out much larger than the original without losing quality or focus. The image could be enlarged probably four times before it pixilates. The original size is like about 4'x7'.

I am an honest person, and I think trust is the absolute, beyond all, IMPORTANT element in what I am pursuing. If your interest lasts beyond PM's, I will give you my real world name and contact information and require yours as well. A couple of years ago, I started playing with an idea of bringing talented artists and photographers together to share sources and ideas. It's a Dagger Bay, vbulletin style forum. I will give anyone who is serious about collaboration, the password to look at the site as an ADMIN. It contains many of my past inspirations.

There is no money involved and no risk attached. We would simply be creating products that would have marketable value. I know that people are very jealous of their work product and copyrights. The copyrights themselves and your ability to prove they originated with you would prevent any shady activity. The internet sees all. But there is a point where we need to trust each other in order to maximize our potential. Keep in mind that our potential includes the many, many contacts that we all would bring to the table. Networking is a thing, I hear.

I am serious minded because I have no choice. My wife is my life and there is no way I would turn her care over to anyone else. I'm am all in if anybody is interested. There are no time crunches or deadlines. I never go anywhere in a hurry anymore.

I've always wanted to be a part of something larger than myself. If I fail, I will only be glad I tried.

Thank you for listening.

Underdog
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
Moukha

Re: Collaboration

Postby Moukha » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:29 am

Hi mate,

I don't think you want my images because I am not good enough but feel free to use all my DB entries, you have my permission. :flag:

I wish you well in your fight to your wife.
"Knowledge is nothing without imagination." :huh:
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:57 pm

Hello back,

Sorry, I forgot to subscribe to my own thread.
Your portfolio is very entertaining and your images are skillfully done.
You are kind and generous to offer your work so freely, thank you!
I'll be referring to your entries and hey, you never know. There are all kinds of ways to exhibit art.

Thanks again,
Underdog
I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, "Thanks." I said, "Don't mention it."
Moukha

Postby Moukha » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:19 am

You're welcome.
By the way, if there is something you need in particular you could ask to a quartermaster to organize some contests to this end. All the entries would be for you. That would be a good start... :)
"Knowledge is nothing without imagination." :huh:
AinSeattle

Postby AinSeattle » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:34 pm

My father has the same diagnosis so my empathy to you Underdog even though it is not requested.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:11 pm

AinSeattle wrote:My father has the same diagnosis so my empathy to you Underdog even though it is not requested.

Hey, sympathy and understanding is always welcome. I'm sorry that your father and family are in these circumstances as well.
Thank you
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:13 pm

Moukha wrote:You're welcome.
By the way, if there is something you need in particular you could ask to a quartermaster to organize some contests to this end. All the entries would be for you. That would be a good start... :)

Well I did make a suggestion for an illustration type idea, but you know how art, quality and consistency is. It's very detail oriented.
Very difficult to coordinate with a contest format. Thank you for your interest.
Underdog

Postby Underdog » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:18 pm

However, one thing I think could be understood is the possibility of the use of templates and availability of sources.
I love templates. When I was doing wedding videos, I'd make slide shows of the bride and groom growing up.
PS Suites allowed for creating a whole slide shows and all you would have to do was put the same number of images into a folder and rename the folder. It automatically changed the entire song's photos while you sipped ice tea (if you live in Texas). Hot tea if you live in England.

Return to “Yo Ho Ho”