Tardigrade 2
 Feb 9, 2018
Rules

Have you ever heard of the tardigrade, meaning "slow stepper"? It's sort of the sloth of the micro-world. They are also known as waterbears or moss piglets and are water-dwelling, eight-legged, segmented micro-animals. When I look at one, I can't decide if I want to pet it or shoo it away. They are kind of cute, kind of creepy.

These little guys are so amazing. They are the ONLY animal that can survive in space. Yes, you heard me right. The only animal that can survive the cold, irradiated vacuum of outer space. They will outlive cockroaches. Hundreds of species can be found across the seven continents; everywhere from the highest mountain to the lowest sea. Many species of tardigrades live in water, but on land, you find them almost everywhere there's moss or lichen.

Research the tardigrade and create something new out of one or several of them in your photo-chop shop. It can be anything. If you don’t know what they are, just Google them and the images will amaze you. They don’t have to be microscopic; they can be the size of a car. Let your imagination go wild. You could make it horrific or funny. Just make sure that when you see it, all the science geeks will say.. HEY!!! That looks like a tardigrade!!

This is the Effects deck which means photo realism is the aim. If your desire is to draw, check out our wonderful Illustration deck.

Thanks to Manosart for supplying our themepost!

Skill Level: ADVANCED

Have fun and get creative!
Entry is free and you may submit more than one entry.
Prizes will be virtual trophies.
Remember, we will remove poor quality entries no matter how much we like you.
You will have five days for this one followed by two days voting, so make your entry count!
Good luck!
1st place

2nd place

5th place

6th place