Tardigrade
 Dec 17, 2016
Rules

In a quest to search for a contest theme that no one has anything in their shoeboxes they can draw upon, I came across this little micro-animal that just might be the ticket. Have you ever heard of the tardigrade, meaning "slow stepper"? It's sort of the sloth of the micro-world. They are also known as water bears or moss piglets and are water-dwelling, eight-legged, segmented micro-animals. When I look at one, I can't decide if I want to pet it or shoo it away. They are kind of cute, kind of creepy.

These little guys are so amazing. They are the ONLY animal that can survive in space. Yes, you heard me right. The only animal that can survive the cold, irradiated vacuum of outer space. They will outlive cockroaches. Hundreds of species can be found across the seven continents; everywhere from the highest mountain to the lowest sea. Many species of tardigrades live in water, but on land, you find them almost everywhere there's moss or lichen.

Research the tardigrade and create something new out of one or several of them in your photo-chop shop. It can be anything. If you don’t know what they are, just Google them and the images will amaze you. They don’t have to be microscopic; they can be the size of a car. Let your imagination go wild. You could make it horrific or funny. Just make sure that when you see it, all the science geeks will say.. HEY!!! That looks like a tardigrade!!

SKILL LEVEL: Advanced

Have fun and be creative!
Entry is free and you may submit more than one entry.
Prizes will be virtual trophies.
Remember, we will remove poor quality entries no matter how much we like you.
You will have five days for this one, so make your entry count!
GOOD LUCK!
1st place

3rd place

4th place

5th place

7th place

8th place

8th place

10th place

11th place

12th place

13th place